test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gamma Quadrant Skirmishes and Final Assault

If only one player is required in order to launch them, why does it take so long?
Each of the 3 Skirmishes seem to take a long time to launch after a player has joined. After clicking the interact button for any of the Skirmishes a player may sit for several minutes waiting for the "Accept/Decline" button to pop up. And even after the button pops and the player chooses "Accept" they may again sit for several minutes waiting for the TFO to actually launch.
This is especially bad when it is time for the Final Assault because players have 15 minutes to participate as many times as possible. And I personally have sat for over 4 minutes waiting for the Final Assault to launch after I joined it. That's 4 minutes wasted waiting for the TFO to launch. After I finally get into the map I discover that many times I'm alone. So why did it take so long?
And if the idea behind the 15 minute timer for Final Assault is to participate as many times as possible I again ask, why does it take so long?

On a side note. Being that those TFO's mentioned above can be launched with just one player in the que, then why can't the rest of them be made to do the same thing?
Just a thought.

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    darpink wrote: »
    If only one player is required in order to launch them, why does it take so long?
    The server could just be twiddling its' thumbs for a minute or so to allow some time for other players to join.
    I've sometimes spawned in to an already-in-progress skirmish...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    darpink wrote: »
    The server could just be twiddling its' thumbs for a minute or so to allow some time for other players to join.
    I've sometimes spawned in to an already-in-progress skirmish...
    Right, obviously there's a short wait to allow for others to join, that's a given. My point is that 3 or more minutes is too long especially during Final Assault due to the 15 minute timer.