test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New ARC Client Update, Same Great Games!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,730 Community Moderator
edited June 2022 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We have updated the ARC client with a whole host of new features to improve navigation, add more features, and a brand-new look. This update is live now, so hop in and check it out!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11516823-new-arc-client-update,-same-great-games!
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Totally broke my game. Can't open Arc much less STO. Reversal does not work. Arc deleted. Booting from .exe.
    Post edited by thlaylierah on
  • karr2k3karr2k3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    z2nzecv2k2o9.png

This "new" client broke the launcher can not seem to even re download to fix the issue
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,159 Arc User
    Love the new look. So much better to the eye.
  • captainflint#2575 captainflint Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Cant Play at all after trying to update to new Launcher. Game Says "files missing or corrupted, your arc installation will now be repaired". I click O.K. Starts to Repair, Then almost instantly pops up with "Arc has encountered an Error while repairing. Please try again".

Ive tried repairing 6 or 7 times now. Hopefully this will get fixed
  • miriah1miriah1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    iep0wvyllrvf.png
  • miriah1miriah1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It's broken. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it... still broken. See above photo. Please do something. Or at least tell us why it's broken. SOMETHING.
  • slacker2002#2884 slacker2002 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    This is what I get after 60 consecutive attempts, with 5 complete crashes along the way.

How about you admit that you have a problem, and start communicating to your customers.

kj4xzne277w2.png
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Yup, it honestly does look better. Now, why should I use it after all these years of having it? There is still no incentive for me to load STO through Arc when the game loads just fine through the .exe file.

My mistake, I can claim the Khan outift and the Joan Jett hairstyle if I start Arc and load up a character that hasn't already claimed it.

Yeah you can come back and say it is a one-stop shop for finding, installing, and loading all the Cryptic/PWE/Gearbox games... yaada yaada yaada... but IMO, it is a waste of manpower when the individual games are having so many issues and yet personnel and funds are being diverted from the games we play so Arc can look all shiney and new.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    So how do I play now ? Totally broke everything. Arc won't even launch. Pops up saying connecting to account and then nothing.
  • ragnusthorneragnusthorne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    earwigvr6 wrote: »
    So how do I play now ? Totally broke everything. Arc won't even launch. Pops up saying connecting to account and then nothing.

well the server is down for maintenance so maybe that's part of it?

Try restarting your pc, yesterday it wouldn't update and I had to reboot the whole pc, windows 10. but it worked on reboot. Since windows 10, I have noticed my pc will do weird stuff if it has an update pending restart, especially with installing/launching new software.

But yeah, new launcher, same bugs. Business as usual lol
  • crego44crego44 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Totally broke my game. Can't open Arc much less STO. Reversal does not work. Arc deleted. Booting from .exe.

Broke here too.
  • crego44crego44 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Running Repair Arc client in my local files fixed this issue for me.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,215 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    So what exactly happened to the "arc quest improvements" that were supposed to occur? https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10819944-arc-quests-pc-improvements-on-the-horizon pu68ktnaydft.png Arc Quests didn't exactly come back since this past announcement over 4 years ago.
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
  • lorelai#3302 lorelai Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any fixes? Mine still isn't working.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,854 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    On one hand I liked the new Arc client but I did not like having to check out the forums on an Internet browser since many times (before this acquisition by Embracer Group) it would log me out of the forums on Google Chrome and I would have to login again. That usually did not happen on the old Arc client.

I miss that functionality so I uninstalled the new Arc client and reverted back to the old one.

Do wish that when one clicked on the gear that has an orange dot indicator it would go away instead of remaining until you install the new Arc client. Another thing I would like is being able to get to Support through Arc which was not functional in the old Arc instead of the Internet browser. Same problem with both.

Final reason is I do not like the layout with everything from the blog posts, social media, etc. squished into a tight space. While the old Arc client did not suffer from this problem. As well as 2015 patch notes appearing as if it were recent in the Patch Notes when they are not.

Overall I would give it a 5 out of 10. Between the new forums and the new Arc client they should never have come into being. Instead they should have worked on making the old Arc forums mobile-friendly like they tried before and it did not work out as planned. As the saying goes if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Take that to heart, Gearbox!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,755 Arc User
    A good thing is that the blackscreen login bug seems to be a bit less of a problem with the new launcher (though it did not get rid of it completely), but for the most part it just looks busier without adding any useful function over the old one.

Where they could really use improvement would be the ability to switch accounts with a dropdown box instead of having to type in all the credentials manually, though that would be most useful in the final login screen rather than the first stage launcher.
This discussion has been closed.