test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In Case You Did Not Notice, the 10th Anniversary bundle is available until the 27th

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
That is all
awkward.jpg
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yes I just read about this!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11504713-bonus-zen,-and-35%-off-legendary-items!

Very Nice... ...seems it mistakenly identified as starting on the 14, clearly a obvious mistake as it only began on the 24th. So 3 days for some Captains to take advantage of it. :)

"From December 24th at 10am PT to December 27th at 10am PT, you can save 35% on Legendary items, including all of the Legendary Bundles and Captain Boost Bundles!"
    0zxlclk.png
  • weveranweveran Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    $300 Aus for 10 Ships - way to expensive
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    weveran wrote: »

For 10 great ships, at $30 a ship....no, it's not way too expensive.
    But your lack of resources are likely the issue here. OK.
    Your budget is your budget.

That being said, this pack has been cheaper IIRC.
    This price isn't the best it's ever been.

edited December 2021

I think it's good value, given all the Ship Skins & Consoles that offered. It does work out to only $20 per ship, the problem for many is 19,500 ZEN at once is a lot. That's understandable! It's almost too bad they don't from time to time offer smaller Starter Bundle from within those larger Legendary Bundles. Who knows maybe they will consider something like that in the New Year?

Regardless hopefully everyone finds something in their budgets.

You all have a good & safe Christmas, and New Year too!

HNlAm4Z.png
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,589 Arc User
    That any of us are here seriously arguing that a $250 pack of in game items is a "good value" is all that really needs to be said. lol

To put that in perspective as a GAMER, and not a Trek head.
    I just pulled up the Epic store most popular games... and for $250 (aprox in Canadian where I am) during their winter sale you could buy....
    Red Dead II
    Cyberpunk
    Battlefield 2042
    Far Cry 6
    AC Valhalla
    Borderlands III
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Death Stranding
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Nioh 2
    and World War Z aftermath

So again for perspective... I COULD buy a STO ship pack. Or I could buy 11 full AAA titles. Anyone that argues that makes any sense from anything other then a die hard star trek fan perspective is well out to lunch. (and having said that ya I have most of the mudd packs and a handful of the smaller leg packs as well.... but it is very hard to justify the 10th ann pack)
    edited December 2021
    It's why I suggested some of the larger Legendary bundles with 4+ Ships (sometimes) offer a 2 or 3 Ship Starter Bundle for 7,000-10,500 ZEN (Normal Price) for example.

More People could get at least 2 or 3 Legendary Ships, those shouldn't be a choice of though, or most only choose the more popular ones. It be more similar to the Gamma Pack if you got the Starter Bundle, that cost be taken off the Full Bundle if you upgraded later on.

Call it a Legendary 10th Anniversary Starter Bundle, or a 11th Anniversary Starter Bundle. It offer a lot more flexibility and a reduced cost upgrade path down the road.

Will they consider it however, is unknown...

HNlAm4Z.png
    0zxlclk.png
  • weveranweveran Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    That wa my point - if I said to my wife I was going to sink $300 AUD on 10 virtual ships that are only digital well it would be a hard sell - I can sink $100 easy for 3 or 4 as some of you has said - but I cannot remotely argue that $300 on digital product is the best use of $300 - that's all - I'd love to get them but it's a step to far with that big a one off - smaller better from my family's macro economic perspective Cryptic :)
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    nccmark wrote: »
    That being said, this pack has been cheaper IIRC. This price isn't the best it's ever been.

From what I can recall 19500 zen ($195 usd) in addition to a zen sale was what I got the pack for when it first came out.

It's the combination that really helps. Pretty sure this is close to as good as it gets.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    husanakx wrote: »
    That any of us are here seriously arguing that a $250 pack of in game items is a "good value" is all that really needs to be said. lol

I believe the argument is that it's a "good value" compared to similar items in the game's cash shop.

Like... a regular T6 ship is 3000 zen, and these ones come with all their skins & consoles, for less zen per ship. That's a "better value".
    Or... some of those ships are things you could only previously get similar ones in lockboxes & promo packs. Which are $100-200 per ship, for a single character unlock. While these are account unlocks. That's a much "better value".

But yeah, if you're comparing to "I could buy multiple full games from the Steam/GoG/etc sale!", then virtually any online game's cash shop is a terrible value.

(personally, I don't buy any of these big bulk packs. Because yeah, as much as I'd like one or two of those ships, I just can't justify that large an expense for some pixels. But each person makes that decision for themselves. For people who've been waiting and asking "will the Legendary Pack come back out again?" this news is welcome. /shrug)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    You know what would be an incredible price for another year long mega event?, one legendary ship, just one, but any you want, from any bundle. I think every one would be playing that event to the end.. thou i would like they shorten the 14 or 20 tokens to just 10 per event.. so is less tedious..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    uhh no. the problem is not people's budgets. Its companies using FOMO in order to price gouge digital assets for which there is no limit or scarcity. its predatory, and the devs are willing participants.​​
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    husanakx wrote: »

To put that in perspective as a GAMER, and not a Trek head.
    I just pulled up the Epic store most popular games... and for $250 (aprox in Canadian where I am) during their winter sale you could buy....
    Red Dead II
    Cyberpunk
    Battlefield 2042
    Far Cry 6
    AC Valhalla
    Borderlands III
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Death Stranding
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Nioh 2
    and World War Z aftermath

Yes, but can any of those games play ISA for the 100.000.000.000th time ?

Didn't think so ! :wink:

BTW, I'm sitting on 6K Zen (from the Dil exchange) , so that puts me about 120$ US away from the 10th Anni Pack , and I still could not justify it .
  • scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Yet people still pay that much for something that could be gone tomorrow. They need to drop these prices by 90% to even be worth it.

To everyone else.
    Say you buy an expensive ship, tomorrow the company is gone. Then what? What happens to all the money you've poured into this game over the years? I know a guy that's spent thousands. I asked him "what if Gearbox says their ending STO?" he said "well I'd tell them I want all the money back that I've spent". Yeah that ain't gonna happen... Think about it! Money pit of a game. I could see maybe a few dollars here and there. But does anyone not see a problem with paying $30+ dollars for 1 3D "Virtual" ship you will never physically have possession of? That you could lose with the snap of a finger? Flush that money down the drain some more! Though I suppose it would be like playing a game that cost you $$ each month to subscribe to playing. Wait, STO has a subscription which is way too expensive anyway!
  • earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Yet people still pay that much for something that could be gone tomorrow. They need to drop these prices by 90% to even be worth it.

To everyone else.
    Say you buy an expensive ship, tomorrow the company is gone. Then what? What happens to all the money you've poured into this game over the years? I know a guy that's spent thousands. I asked him "what if Gearbox says their ending STO?" he said "well I'd tell them I want all the money back that I've spent". Yeah that ain't gonna happen... Think about it! Money pit of a game. I could see maybe a few dollars here and there. But does anyone not see a problem with paying $30+ dollars for 1 3D "Virtual" ship you will never physically have possession of? That you could lose with the snap of a finger? Flush that money down the drain some more! Though I suppose it would be like playing a game that cost you $$ each month to subscribe to playing. Wait, STO has a subscription which is way too expensive anyway!

If nobody was spending on this game it would have been dead years ago.

I stopped playing about 4 years ago after debating the lifetime sub. People were saying the game was dead and had nothing left and it would have been a waste of money. I come back to the game 4 years later and guess what...

Game is still here.

And now I bout the Sub, which I should have done 4 years ago !

Some can afford things. Others cannot. That's fine. That's life. But turning people away from buying something is only going to kill this game faster, and for something we all enjoy, that's a bad thing.

Will I avoid this offer ? Yes I will, even though I hav4 40k Zen waiting in anticipation, just ships alone is not really worth it for me as I will likely not use them all, at least not often. Had they had full upgrade tokens and maybe a handful of tokens to upgrade some more gear I may have been interested, that is why I bought the 11th Anniversary pack, as to me it offered far more.
  • scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Oh and remember the Legendary Bundle is only valid until 3/9/20!

ello5FV.jpg
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,589 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Oh and remember the Legendary Bundle is only valid until 3/9/20!

ello5FV.jpg

The attention to detail. You would think with a new owner coming in... no matter what they where told no one would want to be responsible for public facing TRIBBLE ups. Must be confident in their underpaid status. ;) lol
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    To everyone else.
    Say you buy an expensive ship, tomorrow the company is gone. Then what?

Which is true of every game selling digital junk. And every game with online servers/authentication. And lots of games on digital 'launchers' and storefronts. And. . .
    (or heck, rental & streaming services, where you never 'had' those games in the first place, and it all disappears when you stop subscribing.)

Yeah, welcome to the glorious digital future. Ownership? What's that? ;)
  • judasjungjudasjung Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I've been waiting months for this to be on sale and it goes on sale when I'm at work and can't purchase it. Goddammit
This discussion has been closed.