test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Measure of Morality I Game crashes on map transfer to Brea

jimmyjoe1ajimmyjoe1a Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Every time I go to play Measure of Morality Pt I, the game crashes on the map transfer from Excalbia to Brea. It freezes as soon as Burnham begins to describe it as a sub tropical biosphere, and then it sits there, until I pull up my task manager and end task. It also causes my main KDF recruit (Krote@jimmyjoe1a) to get stuck for a few hours, on a loading screen.

Comments

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Try turning off on demand patching and do a Force Verify.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    I've just run into this bug as well, on my KDF character. I've had freezing at various points though - the part you said was one. The next dialogue when you enter the plaza is another one. And then a freeze while heading into the plaza on my third attempt.

• despotofcartoonsdespotofcartoons Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I'm finding myself having a similar problem. The only time I seem to freeze, though, is right after I've dispatched the Heralds. Mikey Spock blathers on about who knows what, then right when I start to move toward the force field generator, it's time for me to let it go like Elsa, because I'm frozen. This is on my TOS/Temporal Agent character, if that makes a difference.
  • darkeharbingerdarkeharbinger Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    After the transition to Brea III the game is now crashing. Before it was just Burnham and Seven would never leave the Landing Mark.
  • despotofcartoonsdespotofcartoons Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I believe I found a passable workaround.

I figured that the problem had to do with all the graphic issues that have been reported recently, so I set up another run but turned the graphics settings all the way down. I kept them down for the entire run and had no problems whatsoever.

Just to be thorough, I set up one more run, but reset the graphics back to high. Sure enough, I got all the way to Brea III and froze up as I moved toward the dead Romulans. Closed the game via Task Manager and restarted, but at the Character Select screen I set the graphics slider to "Low." I was able to continue, so I completed the Brea III part of the mission and reset the graphics to their highest as soon as I set foot on Excaliba. No further freezes or problems.

So, the workaround is this: when you are on Excaliba but about to go to "Brea III," turn your graphics down all the way. After you finish that part and Honest Abe takes you back to Excaliba, you can reset your graphics.

Hope this helps!
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    Thanks for this, the issue is lighting 2.0. After seeing you elude to power source thats what I shut off and sure enough I could play the mission.

I left the graphics on their normal settings and just shut off lighting 2.0. Got through the entire mission no problem EXCEPT the forcefield generators in the romulan area, I couldnt target them but the crystal prism pets did
  • startiger#3081 startiger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Running into the same issue on my Caitian Captain. Game is having a bit of a slow down too after this... I'll give the lowered graphics work a shot. Better send a ticket in to the Devs while we're at it so it can be dealt with and stop tripping up players.
  • warlockrcwarlockrc Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Confirming what jagdtier44 wrote. I ran "The Measure of Morality, Part 1" on 11/10 with Lighting 2.0 off and was able to go through the mission and I had the same issue with being unable to target the force field generators.
  • darkeharbingerdarkeharbinger Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    A Federation 2409 Tactical character. As with the work around I have turned off Lighting 2.0 The game no longer crashes here but the Energy Field Generators are not targetable by the player. NPCs and some kit frames can target and destroy. Then you get to the third and final one even the NPCs won't destroy the device. So progress is still halted at this point.
  • startiger#3081 startiger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Can confirm that turning off the Lighting 2.0 fixes the freezing issue. As for the problem @darkeharbinger is having, the work around is simple. Just switch to shooter mode, toss some grenades and use the 1 and 2 attacks to bring down the emitter. That's what I had to do in order to progress.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Outside of the freezes due to lighting 2.0, I also noticed if you try to log back on your character before the hidden timer (the one that automatically kicks you out of the mission instance like normally) is over, the game freezes during the loading screen as well.

Also, at this point, it's just the cherry to the cake for this broken mission, but Seven doesn't accompany you during the simulations anymore, either.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    Thanks for this, the issue is lighting 2.0. After seeing you elude to power source thats what I shut off and sure enough I could play the mission.

I left the graphics on their normal settings and just shut off lighting 2.0. Got through the entire mission no problem EXCEPT the forcefield generators in the romulan area, I couldnt target them but the crystal prism pets did

There was another issue with Summer Event that some had to turn off Lighting 2.0 &/or instead at least disable Dynamic Lighting.

I wish they'd FIX these! I still see the black screen and nothing loads like the Cryptic Logo, it just sits forever with the blue spinning wheel cursor! This even after I upgraded to Windows 11. :(
    0zxlclk.png
  • chi0204#9141 chi0204 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @darkeharbinger said:
    > A Federation 2409 Tactical character. As with the work around I have turned off Lighting 2.0 The game no longer crashes here but the Energy Field Generators are not targetable by the player. NPCs and some kit frames can target and destroy. Then you get to the third and final one even the NPCs won't destroy the device. So progress is still halted at this point.

There have been a few suggestion solutions: 1) Using the Crystal Prism kit module or 2) Turning on shooter mode and using an area effect weapon (usually the secondary fire mode).
  • scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    It froze for me, I Task Manager End Tasked the game, trying to load my character and now stuck at Loading screen.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    This is a known issue being investigated internally.