test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't purchase lifetime sub...again

2»

Comments

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    sounds like you did get processed. you should have the Chimera available to you from the ship vendor
    Spock.jpg

• victoria#7382 victoria Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Notice what it says here,

"Lifetime subscription covers your subscription fee for as long as the game is in service, We make no explicit or implicit warranties on the service period of the game."

That basically means if you buy lifetime and the game shuts down a month after then they take no responsibility for any loss endured. This is a old game where the population is dwindling, i would say it's totally not worth the risk.

On top of that their license for the game can be pulled at any given time so it's not just player population you have to worry about, for me i would not spend a dime knowing this, just play the game for free the story is the best part anyway.

It was worth it 11 years ago, not now, the game has no future so i wouldn't even buy a ship.

Until Cryptic can guarantee that the game will run for a few more years any purchase is a big gamble.
    Post edited by victoria#7382 on
  • themightytigger#8222 themightytigger Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    qultuq wrote: »
    This exact problem happened last year. And the player who complained was banned (his account was later restored). I would advise you to keep resting on your laurels and tread carefully.

It would be easier if Cryptic just fixed the bank rewards or made it easier to understand. Then we wouldn’t have perennial crises every time there was a lifetime subscription sale.

https://massivelyop.com/2021/01/10/star-trek-online-player-is-banned-following-lifetime-subscription-refund-bungle/
    Sounds like a 'one year later; what have they learned' article in the making. Again, we'll see how it unfolds...thanks for the link!
    sounds like you did get processed. you should have the Chimera available to you from the ship vendor
    Nothing new on the account yet; no uniforms, slots, ships, et al. And I've been using the dil trader at SFA to check. I pulled the trigger on Thursday, so theres only been 1.5 business days for this mess to get figured out. I don't expect fast reactions, but I'm keeping under $150 on this card...just in case. Definitely not going to dump $450 into it to test a theory.
    westmetals wrote: »
    forum rules don't actually trump First Amendment rights to the press and arcgames has no legal or moral authority to censor recorded conversations. I guarantee that they can look at my comments and discuss them amoungst themselves. And quite probably will for 'quality and training purposes'.

The First Amendment actually does not grant or guarantee you an unlimited right to say anything you want without any interference / censorship / consequences / restrictions / etc... it specifically only protects you from the government doing those things.

And darkblade (and keepcalm for that matter) were simply quoting the longstanding rules on this forum, that directly posting private messages (from any source) is not permitted.

And the forum itself, though accessible to the (registered) public, is legally private property and the owners can do pretty much anything they want.
    I'll happily concede that the 1st doesn't apply to a private forum and rules of conduct exist that I agreed to when I joined. But no where in those rules does it say I can't take said private messages from their billing department and write a story--or supply another agency with said documentation for them to write a story--and fear 'reprisal' from said company. That was what I was referring to..in my head at least.

But this thread wasn't created with the desire that they TRIBBLE up and I get a payday. I'm still optimistic--as should be understood by my statements that Arc should have been proud to show their team was quick to react and professional about the issue--
    that they will fix this.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    It would be easier if Cryptic just fixed the bank rewards or made it easier to understand. Then we wouldn’t have perennial crises every time there was a lifetime subscription sale.
    The links on page one of this thread seem to describe a lot of things including the extra slots accurately. There's always going to be somebody around to assist in finding where things live in-game to be claimed or to explain how they behave. Hopefully this helps. It's a complex purchase. Not sure if anything needs fixing.

There was another party who pressed a purchase button several times. Pretty sure if they have a little bit of patience things will get sorted out. Yes it certainly can be a stressful experience getting a multiple billing. I've had the same thing happen to me.
    If it doesn't go through, wait.
    Good advice for any online purchase.
  • The resolution: after further back and forth this week I am happy to announce that upon logging in this afternoon one of my older toons notified me that they were over 1000 days old. As one of "those people" my current main has a lot of catching up to do.

From what I can tell the system unpacked properly, the ships are available, and I eagerly await my next months 500 zen. I thought the dilutetium would automatically drop when i logged a character, but clicking was never a real hassle before and I don't expect it to be one now.

I've left a short note with a "satisfied' review. All told, despite my frustration at almost being denied a lifetime sub for another year running, my buyers remorse is less than it was when this headache began. Compared with what I read about last year, I'd say they learned valuable lessons and put them into practice. They were courteous, didn't appear annoyed or just copy/paste responses when my tap-them-on-the-shoulder "still don't have it" replies kept the case open.

I hope everyone has a good game and an enjoyable week. My 1st world crisis is over. until the next one!
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    and the4 dill refine is a flyby message you may or may not catch, just like "bob won a T6 ubership" fly by message
    Spock.jpg

• sounds like you did get processed. you should have the Chimera available to you from the ship vendor
    I do. Looked nice. Shelved it. Got a nice Beam Overload build on my kelvin that I'm not willing to part with. The added inventory, boffs and dil on the otherhand

"come to papa!"
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Every time I want to buy LTS for this game, I look at Mudd's Market and think, "oh, nevermind..."
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • westmetals wrote: »

I would fly it long enough to earn the trait... it's a nice trait.
    1'll rephrase. I took it out for one run of Wanted; and one run of Ninth rule.

This discussion has been closed.