test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Negh'Var (and variants) have red bussard glows on wings even when bussards aren't glowing red

inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
edited October 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
As the title says, the Negh'Var (and variants) have red bussard glows on the wings even when the bussard collectors aren't glowing red.

To reproduce, change the Hull Material to something like "TOS D7" and see those Blue bussard collectors shine their red light onto the hull of the ship.

Alternatively, equip a shield that changes the bussard glows from red to any other colour. (Bizarrely, some shields will remove the glow spilling onto the wings, allowing the light to shine a bit more realistically.)

Next time I'm ingame, I'll try to remember to grab a screenshot or three...
- - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    Supplying some screenshots of purple bussard collectors and their 'red' glow:
    ryuT9Gx.jpg

Also, some Aqua-coloured bussard collectors and their 'red' glow:
    u0cTf3v.jpg
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    The "Glow" from the bussard collectors is NOT from the actual Bussards but a texture placed on the skin of ship.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    Yep, that's the problem. It assumes the 'glow' is red but the bussards are not always red.
    I've not see this 'glow' appearing as a texture on any other ship. Any other ship, as far as I recall seeing, has any glow appearing on the hull of the ship, matching to colour of the light.