test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 2 of Picard and Season 4 Discovery Connected?

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
I just watch Season 4 Trailer of Discovery and I come to thinking what if the two shows are some how Connected and how Q might actually is using this conflict as a Test for Picard to make things right in Season two to see that he still has his Space Boots and that the Anomaly happened in Early 21st Century that spand in to the future and some how the events in Discovery might collide the events with Picard in a strange way it might not be the Crossover we all be hoping for but what if this is a kind of story that both crews of the "Past(25th Century) and Future(32 Century)" has to solve to save the Universe
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Sounds like a convoluted, overly complicated version of the All Good Things Anti-Time anomaly. Which makes no sense honestly because we saw that the timeline changed before Picard goes back to the 21st Century. The anomaly in the 32nd Century, as far as we know, is not temporal in nature.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Q may be taking advantage of paradox splits in the fabric of quantum time to run Picard around the maze one last time.

In fact, he might be there to relieve some of the stress from the Intrepid paradox, Burnham's domino search and possibly some other time travel incidents at an elegant and convenient node point in time, and being able to test Picard in the process could be gravy to spice up an otherwise dull task for him. I doubt if they are spinning it that way however, subtlety and intricately crafted plots are not Kurtzman's forte.

If CBS wanted to really draw in Trek fans and end the rift in the fanbase without losing the action movie fans who may still be hanging around they could use it to normalize things and retroactively broaden the setting shown in first season DSC to actually include updated Cage/TOS style content to set the stage for SNW instead of specifically exclude it the way DSC s1 tried to do. Alas, that is even less likely than the second point.
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Q may be taking advantage of paradox splits in the fabric of quantum time to run Picard around the maze one last time.

In fact, he might be there to relieve some of the stress from the Intrepid paradox, Burnham's domino search and possibly some other time travel incidents at an elegant and convenient node point in time, and being able to test Picard in the process could be gravy to spice up an otherwise dull task for him. I doubt if they are spinning it that way however, subtlety and intricately crafted plots are not Kurtzman's forte.

If CBS wanted to really draw in Trek fans and end the rift in the fanbase without losing the action movie fans who may still be hanging around they could use it to normalize things and retroactively broaden the setting shown in first season DSC to actually include updated Cage/TOS style content to set the stage for SNW instead of specifically exclude it the way DSC s1 tried to do. Alas, that is even less likely than the second point.

I am afraid that ship has sailed...you are not getting those massive numbers. Every attempt to announcement a film project, is to drum up potential investors...and mostly are staying away, for they see the fanbase divided and you cannot make money on that.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    truewarper wrote: »

I am afraid that ship has sailed...you are not getting those massive numbers. Every attempt to announcement a film project, is to drum up potential investors...and mostly are staying away, for they see the fanbase divided and you cannot make money on that.

Which is exactly why healing the split in the fanbase is vital for the health of Star Trek as a whole. The problem is that the longer they ignore the problem the more set-in-stone the split becomes, and it may be too late to close it already in which case it is unlikely that Trek will ever regain the momentum it once had and those investors will keep staying away.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    well, another reboot might do it, and get rid of kurtzman. Did they really think they were going to excite fans by destroying Vulcan? Gee, Star Trek has been using beams forever with the exception of TWOK, but sure lets go with the Star wars laser bolt spray and pray effect... and don't get me started on the abortion called the kelvin connie... they could easily have chosen one of the better TOS episodes, twisted it a bit and cleaned up the shots and had a hell of a good movie.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I really hope not. It made me so unhappy when they had the whole planet destruction reuse of footage in Picard, because I was fearful of a crossover.

The only crossover I ever hoped for was in DS9, with a mission into the Badlands to find Voyager...and then a lovely bit of interaction with the Maquis, who were searching for the Val Jean.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    There would appear to be absolutely no relation between the two. And all the better for it, IMO.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    I really hope not. It made me so unhappy when they had the whole planet destruction reuse of footage in Picard, because I was fearful of a crossover.

The only crossover I ever hoped for was in DS9, with a mission into the Badlands to find Voyager...and then a lovely bit of interaction with the Maquis, who were searching for the Val Jean.

There was the Birthright Part 1 episode from Season 6 of TNG that was the closest to a TNG/DS9 Crossover that we got. Although more accurately, it is a Data&La Forge/Bashir Crossover.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    kayajay wrote: »

There was the Birthright Part 1 episode from Season 6 of TNG that was the closest to a TNG/DS9 Crossover that we got. Although more accurately, it is a Data&La Forge/Bashir Crossover.

I don't think they ever did explain what that device was...and then of course, it wasn't that Data had reached a certain level of consciousness, it's just that his dreaming ability was switched on after being zapped by it.