test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Rank showing Provisional can't promote characters only main account characters

A couple of weeks ago I noticed my rank in the roster changed to Provisional. I've been in this fleet for over a year and a Senior Officer for about 6 months. We've never had a problem with the ranking till now. We thought the maintenance would fix it but the issue still remains. When we try to promote a accounts alternate character it promotes the main account instead. Even the Leaders are having the issue.

Comments

• knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Promoting alts has been a problem for years and has as far as I know never been fixed. It will promote the first character that was recruited into the fleet. To promote an alternate character you need to join a group with them and promote them from there. Don't ask me why this is the case, all I know is that it has been that way for years. The provisional rank should go away after a couple of weeks I believe, it is just a restriction to ensure the new admirals don't run off with all your goodies or try to disband the fleet or remove it from an armada, at least that is what I've been told.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    The Bug as depicted in video form:
    Expected date of fix: ???
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • dracovamri#2443 dracovamri Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @westmetals said:
    > Correct.... promoting to, or demoting from, rank 7 has a 14-day waiting period. You can also only have one in progress per fleet, I believe.

What do you mean by "only one in progress per fleet"?
  • dracovamri#2443 dracovamri Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @westmetals said:
    > A promotion to or demotion from fleet rank 7 (which has the default rank name of "Leader" but this can be changed, or at least it can be on PC).

Ah I see. Problem is I was already Provisional before the Leader promoted me to Leader. That's when we found out about the rest of the promotion issue.