test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Geologist Duty officers never appear to proc for my character

fluitairefluitaire Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hello, I was told to make a post about this by a GM after having attempted contact through the in game item issue system. For my character, a female alien federation, the Geologist duty officer never seems to reduce the cooldown of those abilities with multiple attempts. I've attempted removing the officers, using only one, and just about every other thing I could think of short of replacing them entirely. The GM believes it is a gameplay related bug and that the dev team would need to get eyes on it. The only other odd thing I can think of is I have seen notifications for having to many of a duty officer pop up once or twice upon logging in, but it doesn't happen all the time or even when the DOFFS are in the same configuration or removed entirely. If I could have someone provide guidance to a way to fix it myself I would appreciate it, or if it's something on the dev's side a "We'll take a look" would also be appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello,
    Can you elaborate with pictures of the doffs in question, the powers you are trying to use to trigger them and what maps?
    Thank you!
  • fluitairefluitaire Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I've noticed that these 6 don't seem to proc, when using Gravity Well, Exothermic induction field, and Hyperonic radiation and the time reduction portion of Improved Gravity well also doesn't apply for my character Keladry. The maps don't seem to matter, as I have yet to see them work on any map. Photonic officer works, and I believe the Arrest trait worked. (but I'll have to try to give it a closer look) I have seen my gravity wells proc the aftershock roster officer, and the Exothermic field does proc the firing projectiles from the explosives expert. https://imgur.com/a/r4gebsR
    With some further testing, I've noticed the Arrest trait does not seem to effect my skills as it should. I do see the white cooldown bars twitch as if they are trying to reduce, but the timer is not reduced and I must wait the full time in order to activate an ability.
    Some additional looking at it and I was in error a bit before. Photonic officer affects Tactical and Engineering abilities but not science abilities. It seems like anything CD related to science abilities is the problem. I have seen some kit modules for science officers return red text on the class line, though I can still equip them.