test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temporal Recruit Event - Probes Difficult to Find

Dear developers:

Was there some reason why the temporal probes can't be found with the tricorder? And don't show up on minimap?

I just spent ten minutes wandering around the P'Jem map trying to find it, after having otherwise completed everything else.

Or am I just missing something?

I seem to recall that the ones for the other recruit events were a lot easier to find.

[very frustrated]

Comments

• jefflenzjefflenz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I agree, when the temporal probes where started not but a few days ago the science officer would say something to you about a temporal anomaly in the vicinity. Also the temporal agents missions will tell you in the mission objectives that a Iconian tech or info could be found. I just spent the better part of 20 to 30 minutes trudging the swamps in "Researcher Rescue" and had to jump out of the game because I just could find the temporal probe. I like a good game of hide and seek but throw us a bone somewhere....not asking for it to be placed right on the pathway but jeez!
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,565 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    jefflenz wrote: »
    I agree, when the temporal probes where started not but a few days ago the science officer would say something to you about a temporal anomaly in the vicinity. Also the temporal agents missions will tell you in the mission objectives that a Iconian tech or info could be found. I just spent the better part of 20 to 30 minutes trudging the swamps in "Researcher Rescue" and had to jump out of the game because I just could find the temporal probe. I like a good game of hide and seek but throw us a bone somewhere....not asking for it to be placed right on the pathway but jeez!

Oh they do say that... that there's a probe in the vicinity... but you have to be fairly close to it already for that to trigger. And the mission tracker only tells you that it is on the current map.

Meanwhile, the ones in the Delta event for example, you could use the tricorder to find them just like the R&D resource anomalies. (And some of them were in places where you could not backtrack if you passed them.)
  • jefflenzjefflenz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Update: I dont know if it was fixed by today's patch or was just a glitch but I dropped the mission and restarted it today and presto I got the announcement from my science officer about a temporal anomaly in the area and found the temporal probe. It was in an unexpected place but it was there today. So thanks.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Apparently there is a command “/target temporal probe” it will help you find the probe if you are within 85 meters.

To bind the command to a key use “/bind - target temporal probe” I put it on the “-“ key because I didn’t think I was using that key for anything. But maybe another key would be better.