Install Arc
Options

Parliament Class coming to STO

12346»

Comments

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    joshmaul wrote: »
    I'm inclined to agree; the California might be more of a 3/3 like a science vessel. Maybe 3/3/3 consoles too (or 4/2/2, or 4/3/2, etc.)
    That'd make sense.

But since it's Cryptic and at one point in the show Riker says California-class are tougher than they look, Mariner started a rumor she was a black ops agent and Badgey made not one but three computer viruses, they're gonna make it an Intel Destroyer or something.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    they're gonna make it an Intel Destroyer or something.

Part of me hopes not, because... honestly, does anyone really USE the intel TRIBBLE? I think hangars get more use than the intel drones...
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User

Part of me hopes not, because... honestly, does anyone really USE the intel TRIBBLE? I think hangars get more use than the intel drones...

Some people do use intel. For example one of my favorite ships is the Faeht and I use intel team and electronic pulse probe a lot, and other things like surgical strikes and the rest depending on the particular character and build. And I see those EPP bubbles around to some extent even when I (or the Iconians) are not firing them so other players use it too.

That is not to say that it couldn't use some improvements, like the "gather intel" function the way it is now is pretty much useless against anything but bosses since anything else is dead before the system finishes its gathering.
  • Options

Some people do use intel. For example one of my favorite ships is the Faeht and I use intel team and electronic pulse probe a lot, and other things like surgical strikes and the rest depending on the particular character and build. And I see those EPP bubbles around to some extent even when I (or the Iconians) are not firing them so other players use it too.

That is not to say that it couldn't use some improvements, like the "gather intel" function the way it is now is pretty much useless against anything but bosses since anything else is dead before the system finishes its gathering.
    Really, with the exception of MW innate abilities that are just bonuses you can get by playing normally or spamming your plenty, NORMAL abilities in seconds until you get the correct 3-button combo (and the awesome cyclical quantum slipstream drive), and the pilot maneuvers, innate abilities in general are not well-implemented, due to taking forever before they're selectable, just for "meh" bonuses.

The Command ones got a bit better with their revamp, but in most missions, you'll wipe the map clean before being able to activate them once.

There are way too many abilities and consoles that can do their jobs in better and faster ways.

Like, why waste 15 seconds on one specific high-HP target to slightly debuff it, when you can just grab the Titan's console to down several targets' subsystems for enough seconds to blow them up? Or simply use the Tholian Webspinner Array console and watch their hulls melt?
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I'm watching two youtube videos on this ship and they completely miss the point of the ship. It's based on using the console like gravewell and killing little shisp around a bigger target. That is the focus. It just has cruiser guns. It's miracle worker skills are based around different gun types for bonuses so you want things like entwined tactical matrixes and epg. Possibly avoiding the dark matter missle though. Unless it's enough. This is a sci cruiser meant to maximize it's console.

I'm trying to get entwined tactical matrices along with energy shunt/ graviton displacer for my other ship. I would use that combo with this in similar fashion utilizing the miracle worker skills for multi gun types like with the Morphogenic set and the gravity torps. Big pull with lots of damage potential. Especially spamming all grav torps into a giant artifical gravity well with a laser gun.

I would base this on protonic front spam and morphogenic consoles and maximize the potential damage with entwined tactical matrices and stuff that like to fire into a large hole. maybe even put on proton enhancing tactical with torpedo damage increase or similar. Science could use the proton proc if it's any good. 8)

They are also complaining about it being designed to kill small ships and not big ones. Then complaining about how it needs lots of kills to keep up the bonuses from kills. It's like they can't put 2 and 2 together... It's a classic grav wel build with a grav well console modeled after combining energy shunt and graviton displacer together. Like the other miracle worker ships out there... combined armaments... I wonder... Maybe max out bigger bonuses from combined arms instead of single target. I think the 4/4 is confusing them and they thing it has to be a beam ship even though it probably does not start with such gear.

BTW, it's tankyness is because, like other grav well builds, it can help to not be destroyed by the ball of death you create. IE enge sci.. Like carriers but with more eng focus. Suddenly the ship makes perfect sense. I wonder if it's the new DPS champ in that category. Of if it's really good at some angle related to those skills. I imagine they knew what they made.

The +10 aux +10 wep should be a dead giveaway as to it's orientation. Let alone the gigantic gravity well console like ability with the GIANT LAZZZEOORRSS!!!

Sadly, none of these amazingly useful youtubers have bothered showing the console enough to see what skills add to the console damage. You know basic information and easily demonstrable stuff in video is such a hassle to make for video content creators. It hurts their fingers.

So, does anyone have pics of the console from the power menu?

It will be funny as TRIBBLE if this new ship, especially with it's accompany boimler effect, and something like unconventional systems, and other consoles skills, makes this the most devastating ship in the game.

energy weapons: Exceed rated limits III
    Gravitic deployment I
    Mixed armament I or II
    Entwined Tactical matrixies
    Gravity torps (and set?)
    Morphogenic set.
    Fire at will I
    Cannon Scatter Volley I
    Torpedo Spread I
    Trait: Psuedo Submission
    -Engineer Team I (15 second cooldown with boimler. Constant uptime.)
    Ai Fragment
    Intelligence Attache'
    Self-Modulating Fire
    Invasive control programming
    Kinetic Precisions
    Insperational leader?
    Boimler effect
    Energy shunt
    Graviton Displacer
    Improved Gravity well?
    Psychological warfare?
    Particle Manipulator? (is the console actually exotic, or something else. That would be interesting if it's not exotic.)
    Invasive Control Program?
    Unconventional Systems:(procs in 60 seconds)
    Tractor Beam (2-4)
    Tractor Beam Respulsor 30 seconds cd with 15 sec shared timer with tractor beam(1/1/1/1) 4 reductions if done right. (2 if alone)
    Gravity well I or Photonic Shockwave I(1-2)
    eject Warp Plasma or unstable warp bubble.

I think it takes 7.5 procs to get 2 min down to 1 min on a console. So 8 total. Tractor beam and repulsor are 4 together at max. That leaves 4 more. Photonic shockwave is 2 and freely procable leaving out grav well. and I'm not sure on the last one.

Phased Space Membrane?

Shield pen with skill increases.

This is great for a GCD build for both captain, boff, console skills. which just happens to be my current build! 8)

You need less DPS when you fire all your skills 2-3 times faster than normal.
    Post edited by aftulus on
  • Options
    livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    i mean we all know not a single LD ship will be regularly available to players. Cryptic is going hard on the cash farming now. They seemingly changed their policy as far as regular fed ships being in the C-store is concerned. I'm just so disappointed, yet not surprised at this.

The California will definitely be in a lockbox or an R & D promo box. i have no problem spending money on original Cryptic ships, should they ever go back to doing that. but Ships that should be c-store but aren't are not getting a dime from me.
    gQytlm7.jpg
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I'm inclined to agree; the California might be more of a 3/3 like a science vessel. Maybe 3/3/3 consoles too (or 4/2/2, or 4/3/2, etc.)

Why a science-vessel tho? Isn't the California meant to be a platform that can be equipped for either science or engineering or tactical support?

As a support-vessel with a flexible basis, it should be more like the BoP's in STO originally were. Overall weaker but fully universal BOFF-seating, balanced console-layout (3/3/3 would be fine for a ship that's supposed to be weaker).

No ship-specialization. No significant bonus to a specific stat. As balanced as possible. No secondary deflector, no cruiser-commands, no raider-flanking or cloaking. It could have a hangar though, as it features shuttles quite a bit on the show.

I still think it'd be perfect material for a freebie / event-reward as it'd be more of a novelty-ship.
    For min-maxers this would actually be a fun little excercise in number-crunching to make the most of a limited design.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    It didn't need to do anything - that was the point. To quote Captain Riker: "Right now I'm on the bridge of the toughest, fastest, most powerful ship Starfleet ever put into service". He certainly wasn't bluffing and General Oh obviously didn;t think her fleet would come out on top if the took Riker's fleet on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM-OjaUUMRI
    She actually was going to fight the Federation fleet (even if it's clear from her body language and tone she knew it'd at best be a pyrrhic victory and at worst, tactical suicide) and only stopped when the beacon was destroyed and the portal collapsed.

While I have no doubt Riker's fleet would have won and probably relatively easily at that, we don't see the power of the Inquiry-class and it still did nothing noteworthy.

And the Dominion War episodes showed us that the heroes could mobilize an entire fleet of many ships, even their best classes, and still be unceremoniously trashed afterwards.

In fact, in an hilarious way when you consider Lower Decks, Riker doesn't go to Red Alert with the Titan until he has already engaged an enemy, the fact he does go to Red Alert before doing anything with the Inquiry fleet doesn't make you trust the class a lot. XD
    #TASforSTO
This discussion has been closed.