test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gamma Recruit... not getting credit for Swarm TFO?

westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,565 Arc User
Was skimming through my old recruits that have unfinished tasks, and my Gamma Recruits all have 0/5 progress on the Swarm TFO task.

Ran Swarm twice today on one of them... but it did not increment the counter.... still at 0/5....

Comments

• westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 7,565 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    based on an in-game tip, did some testing...

It appears that (although the menu does not say so) you only get credit on normal difficulty. (I was playing on advanced).

Ran one on normal and now the counter for that character is at 1/5.

Either this is working as intended (in which case the text is unclear) or it's a bug.
  • ronthefanronthefan Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    ...So Advanced is bugged?
    That's backward as hell. Shouldn't matter WHAT difficulty it is.
    ronthefan wrote: »
    ...So Advanced is bugged?
    That's backward as hell. Shouldn't matter WHAT difficulty it is.

Either that, or it's actually intended that we only get credit in normal... and if that is true, then the text should say so.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    That is weird. Maybe they will fix it for the next recruit event.

I was having problems with that too and thought at first it might have been left over from the initial gamma release bug in the patch notes.

“ Completing Endeavor missions does not increment Gamma Recruitment objectives.”

But I think, now it was referring to something else.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11490143-pc-patch-notes-for-6/24/21
    edited September 2021
    qultuq wrote: »
    That is weird. Maybe they will fix it for the next recruit event.

I was having problems with that too and thought at first it might have been left over from the initial gamma release bug in the patch notes.

“ Completing Endeavor missions does not increment Gamma Recruitment objectives.”

But I think, now it was referring to something else.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11490143-pc-patch-notes-for-6/24/21

There was also a recruitment reward for completing a certain number of endeavours / earning a certain number of perk points. (It has since been removed because it was bugged.)

That has nothing to do with this one. This one specifically requires doing the Swarm TFO 5x.