test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 8/5/21

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited August 2021 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 8/5 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    The link by Kael is the link to the patch notes of last week. Patch notes for this week can be found here ...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11493533
    eazzie wrote: »
    The link by Kael is the link to the patch notes of last week. Patch notes for this week can be found here ...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11493533

Belay that Kael updated
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Still some nice patches, so Thank You!
    0zxlclk.png
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    Looks like the Universal Kit Module - Agony Field Generator got "adjusted" a bit.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Thanks for all the nerfs. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Good news with the Black Screen of Death, it's been a pain in the neck.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Thanks for all the nerfs. :lol:

Why adjust stats for items in small increments when you can just nerf it into the ground or buff it into the stratosphere? But when you need adjust your sales or implement ideas to fix the dilex...nope, can't do anything drastic...must do it in small steps.

They can say whatever they want, but it's pretty clear they have given up on the Dilex.

As for their ability to 'adjust' items.. it's always been that way. Items fit into 1 of 2 categories in this game..

1. Overpowered
    2. Useless
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Can we look into certain areas of the game hogging huge amount of players PC resources and spiking disk to 100%. I get this on DS9/Qo'noS/Voth Ground Battlezone it turns the game into a slideshow.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Thank you for fixing the black screen o' death! I'd been getting that every day I first log in for the last week or so.

Sure is annoying to have to kill the game client and restart it every single day.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Thanks for the fixes, Cryptic especially for the black screen of death. May that bug stay dead.

Edit: It appears to not be dead but still alive. Apparently more info and specs are needed to get to the bottom of this.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Here's hoping the black screen is over. I've had it for most of the year. Oddly, I've been getting right on about 25% of the time recently. Let's go for 100% !
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    But when you need adjust your sales or implement ideas to fix the dilex...nope, can't do anything drastic...must do it in small steps.

Maybe Cryptic's flawed logic is instead of dil sinks lets just destory the F2P model and thus Players ability to obtain items through the dilex so the dil they grinded for they drop elsewhere in the game, such as fleet projects/phoenix boxes and item rerolls.

Cryptic job done without having to do any work.

https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
    It's nice they also fixed the Risian Ship color or material issue last week, despite it not getting into Patch notes that I saw.
    0zxlclk.png
  • explorator01explorator01 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    no luck with the Black Screen of Death here, never use the ARC launcher or Steam to launch either. force verify and safe mode still don't do anything. meanwhile in Neverwinter, I can see the character select screen at about one frame per second (it was running fine until its latest season-equivalent).
    their most recent patch notes mentioned disabling the ARC overlay, so if that was the "fix" in today's patch for STO, uh, shrug emote.
    No joy for me on black screen this morning.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Same here. It worked yesterday, but not today. In fact, I had to kill the game client twice to get it to work.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ereiidereiid Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Yup, still seeing black screen.
    Restarted, and in like Flynn.
    edited August 2021
    Yea, I updated the comments and details in:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1261957/since-5-25-update-just-black-screen-or-crashes/p3

Someone even above my last post, suggested a FIX one GM (in Support) had identified to try. Yet I haven't tried it myself yet, been busy trying to upgrade what I needed to.

Still it seems Arc Update (32-bit) is causing Arc to not show on the taskbar when the Black Screen's appear. I suspect Arc Update is interfering with it's normal Arc client (running in 64-bit) from passing something causing the Black Screen. Not sure why one Arc application runs 64-bit mode, while almost every other one runs 32-bit. :o

Good Luck, and if you find it works, then let others know in the thread I listed too!
    0zxlclk.png
  • wirralianwirralian Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Same here. It worked yesterday, but not today. In fact, I had to kill the game client twice to get it to work.

Same for me forced to kill game client via task manager. Yet again a patch that "does not do what it says on the tin". Shame this would have been nice to have been fixed permanently.

edited August 2021
    Used the -ArcOverlayEnable 0 in the command line launcher options and so far so good no black screen at launch
    Used the -ArcOverlayEnable 0 in the command line launcher options and so far so good no black screen at launch

can someone explain this to me like I am a 5 year old?

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

By the sounds of it. It would disable the ARC overlay on launch.
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User

Right click on the arc launcher and then on "properties", then in the field "destination" you paste this command after the quotes at the end of the line like in exe: " C:\ Program Files\Launchers\Arc Games\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online.exe " -ArcOverlayEnable 0

Right click on the arc launcher and then on "properties", then in the field "destination" you paste this command after the quotes at the end of the line like in exe: " C:\ Program Files\Launchers\Arc Games\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online.exe " -ArcOverlayEnable 0

No on the launcher select options and when you get to command line (just below "Game" copy and paste -ArcOverlayEnable 0 and @jcsww is correct it does indeed disable the overlay at launch.
This discussion has been closed.