test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crashing within 4 seconds of logging in

Every time I try to log in, in the last 24 hours I keep crashing within 4 seconds of logging in.
This happened 27 times last night & 20 times so far this morning.
I have even tried safe mode and that worked for 6 minutes before crashing again.
I tried safe mode again & 4 seconds & then crash.
Is there a problem with the server?
If not, then I will not be able to play Star Trek Online as it is unplayable now.

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    You've not said you've tried force verify. Try that. If that fails to work. try a fresh install
  • greatstone#7251 greatstone Member Posts: 1 New User
    re installing atm, same problem.
    Crpytic keeps saying my system hasn't enoughg resources.
    My system:
    2.67Mhz cpu i7 920
    8 Gigs ram
    1 gig video card
    3TB hd space.

???
    Color me confused.
    My system:
    2.67Mhz cpu i7 920
    8 Gigs ram
    1 gig video card
    3TB hd space.

???
    Color me confused.

Theres something on your rig that is causing this. One of the mods @darkbladejk is a bit of a whizz at things like this. May be asked to provid additional info such as are you over clocking, what security you are using. Have you given your security permission? or try disabling it and try running sto. What other back ground tasks do you have running. Darkbladejk should be able to assist further.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Every time I try to log in, in the last 24 hours I keep crashing within 4 seconds of logging in.
    This happened 27 times last night & 20 times so far this morning.
    I have even tried safe mode and that worked for 6 minutes before crashing again.
    I tried safe mode again & 4 seconds & then crash.
    Is there a problem with the server?
    If not, then I will not be able to play Star Trek Online as it is unplayable now.

can you provide me a DxDiag file to sift through? this will let me know the exact specs of your rig so I can eliminate the usual suspects from the list. Also do you have any kind of RGB lighting in your system? If you do, do you use anything like RazerChroma to control it?
    My system:
    2.67Mhz cpu i7 920
    8 Gigs ram
    1 gig video card
    3TB hd space.

???
    Color me confused.

same thing as the first guy, need a DxDiag file that will let me know the exact specs of your rig and what you're working with. will also let me eliminate some suspects as I told the previous guy.

If you guys aren't sure how to create a DxDiag file, in the search bar for Windows 10, type "dxdiag" and it should pop up a thing where you can click to run the command. Once you run the command it'll pop up a box for the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. From there you will press the "Save all information" button and save it to a file you can get to easily. From there I need you both to send me those files somehow. If need be you can open the file you just saved, select everything in that file, and copy paste it to me in a PM, but I need everything in that report. I mention the RazerChroma stuff above because myself and an IT friend have discovered a massive memory leak in that application as it relates to STO. Once I've seen your DxDiag reports I can then offer some more tailored advice.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    eazzie wrote: »
    You've not said you've tried force verify. Try that. If that fails to work. try a fresh install

When advising people to do a force verify, be sure to tell them to make sure On-Demand patching is off or the verify skips over certain files. And FFS stop telling them to do a reinstall, it rarely if ever solves anything.
    edited July 2021
    eazzie wrote: »

When advising people to do a force verify, be sure to tell them to make sure On-Demand patching is off or the verify skips over certain files. And FFS stop telling them to do a reinstall, it rarely if ever solves anything.

From the information provided don't think it would a difference anyway.[