test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rubber Banding and disconnects

Rubber banding lag is very bad. You walk a few steps and it rubber bands you back to where you were then a disconnect.

I've been getting huge rubber banding lag where its like your fighting against a giant rubber band tied to you. And most cases it comes with a disconnect.

I want to request a Game Developer or a Tech man or whoever to take a look at Server stability. This rubber banding is extremely annoying.

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• gladeusex#1475 gladeusex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Late to the party, but I've been having this as well. I started playing during the Delta recruitment about 4-5 months ago

For the first 3 weeks, it was smooth as butter

After that however, loading any new map almost always resulted in 10-20 seconds of rubber banding. Any TFO could be up to 1 minute, and sometimes 2 minutes. It sometimes happens in the middle of the session, though it is relatively (and increasingly) rare

To be fair, I'm from Australia, so I kinda expect this from the typical MMO experience. Its likely a sync error, which is exacerbated by multiple moving parts. Everything getting worse after 3 weeks might be explainable by the nature of higher level content (more actions per seconds, more enemies) but still, this happening on a single player patrol back then and now is puzzling

Anyway, hopefully it gets better, but it'd be optimistic in thinking there's a magic switch that fixes this
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    kaloriaa4 wrote: »
    Rubber banding lag is very bad. You walk a few steps and it rubber bands you back to where you were then a disconnect.

I've been getting huge rubber banding lag where its like your fighting against a giant rubber band tied to you. And most cases it comes with a disconnect.

I want to request a Game Developer or a Tech man or whoever to take a look at Server stability. This rubber banding is extremely annoying.

Firstly you should of posted in PC, NETWORK, AND OTHER TECHNICAL ISSUES but that's no problem a moderator can move this.

Secondly you are talking as if the issue lies with Cryptic. This may not be the case. Have you run troubleshooting tests your end. 1 Run a tracenet
    2 Restart your router
    3 Make sure all background tasks are shut down
    4 Clear your cache

Those are just 4 steps to take I'm sure another player can add more.

@baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk @rattler2 would one of you been so kind to move thread. Thank you
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    /moved necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.