test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, apparently there is a Red Alert week happening?

iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
I just found out this morning, completely by accident, that there is a Red Alert week going on currently. No Experimental Ship Upgrade (T6X), just the Ultimate Tech Upgrade and a single Spec Point. I didn't remember seeing ANY notification about this happening, so I checked the launcher and scoured through Facebook, Twitter and even had a friend look on Reddit (since Reddit simply doesn't load for me, at all) and nothing. No announcement at all that this was happening. With the way it's structured, just finding out about it now means I cannot get the 5 required days done to get the reward before it ends.

And I'm of 2 minds about it.

First, I think that it really makes them look incompetent that they can't even bring something to the attention of the players. There was zero heads up about this.

Second, I'm actually not too bothered by not running this. Event after event after event for what seems like years now, and probably has been, has seriously burned me out. And other players/fleetmates have said the same thing. With it just being a Spec point and Tech Upgrade, eh, would have been nice but I'll live.

So yeah, kinda glad on one hand that there wasn't an event as I felt we needed a break from them. Also kind of ticked that there actually IS an event running but players weren't informed of it. And by only finding out about it today means I can't finish it without buying it out, which isn't happening. I may have skipped out on this event even if I had known about it, but I wish I'd been been told about so I could make that choice myself instead of finding out too late to finish it without the buyout.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Did YOU know there was an event running?
Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    To be fair, this would be quite hard to miss overall. Whilst there wasn't an official announcement about it (at least, not that I saw), it is advertised on the launcher and the RA 'mission' options appear on the TFO selection screen too.

There is nothing about it on my launcher. The three listed NEWS items are for the Infinity Promo Packs, 20% ship sale and Bonus Dil week. The left panel is for the Infinity Promo Packs and the right slideshow panel are for the 20% ship sale, bonus Dil week, the Risian Cruiser, the New Genesis bundle and Gamma recruits.

As for them appearing on the TFO selection screen, I don't regularly run TFO's. I rarely open that screen unless there is an event. And since I only did so by accident today, I only found out about it today.
    And honestly? It's very much a 'filler' event at this point anyway. I mean, the majority of the RA missions barely last a few minutes (heck, Tholian and Borg often barely last one minute) and the reward is nice, but its not like its a FOMO item that we'll never see again.

Oh yeah, not honestly going to miss the spec point or Ultimate Upgrade, it'd just been nice to know it was happening.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    yeah the launcher switches through 5 topics or so. If you ain't watching it for at least 1 minute, you'll miss it.
    I'm actually not even surprized that they fail at communicating their basic events...they literally got the calender wrong. There was a 31. April this year in the calender or something like that. They didn't fix it...they removed the calender!
    Go pro or go home
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I expected it so I was looking in the events tab on thursday and caught it. Actually the email they sent about the new pack mentioned the red alert. But the emails of course are very hit and or miss.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I also got it mentioned in the email they sent me. It makes me wonder if they decided to not post the announcement elsewhere (blog, twitter, etc.) is to do a tiny bit of damage control with the Dil Exchange, as the Red Alerts probably do introduce a fair bit of Dil into the system, particularly with fresh Jem recruits milling about needing Marks. The Promo pack announcement they likely couldn't cull due to it directly affecting the bottomline directly, but this is only a slight player retention event.
This discussion has been closed.