test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avast deletes gameclient.exe saying it is a virus

Suddenly my Avast Internet Security starts to delete gameclient.exe saying it is a virus. Has it been infected? How can I tell Avast to ignore gameclient.exe if is not infected?

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=42807.0

Or you can always disable avast while playing sto
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Not helping cold...

Anyways... I've had problems with Avast flagging things as viruses when they weren't in the past. Like my Network Drivers. Main reason I dropped Avast years ago. Kinda hard to do anything when you're being told the very thing allowing you to access the internet should die because "its a virus" when it isn't.

Kinda feel like Avast has issues with false positives. Granted this is knowledge from years ago, but still... its possible that you are getting false positives.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Avast isn't wrong. STO is a virus that is causing all my other programs to crash and even causing discord to become corrupted.

I don't have it as bad as you, but I too have observed issues outside of the game that have coincidentally appeared/re-appeared with the onset of the 'black screen event bug.'
  • surtur93surtur93 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    hi, i have the same problem, the game doesn't work even after reboot and reinstall, it still writes this Error 36: A file was locked that clould not be opened for writing.restart in 6s
    unfortunately I can't insert the picture here, I don't know why.
    I hope you will understand my text and it will not be a recipe for soup :D