test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How Can I Change My E-mail?

Hi,

I want to know if it is possible to change the e-mail address associated with my ARC/STO/CO account?

I'm am still able to play, from my old lappy, but I have a new lappy I'd love to switch to, but the email currently associated with the game is a Verizon email and it is no longer valid as Verizon discontinued email since everyone preferred using Hotmail and Gmail and Yahoo email at the time.

So if there is a way to switch ARC/STO over to my Gmail address, please let me know how to go about that.

Thanks for your attention,

Zed
f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on

Best Answer

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    What do they mean by any and all? How detailed do I need to be? Is a list of all of my Captains names enough or do they expect to see a lot more?
    We forum posters are just regular players, like yourself. The only way you'll be able to get this changed is by opening a ticket with Customer Support from the link at the top of the page.
    They will be able to tell you what information they need.
    Unfortunately, that only changes the email for an account on the SITE.
    The game itself continues to require the old - discontinued or soon-to-be - email to log in.
    Customer Support are the only ones that can help you.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/

Answers

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    I'd also like to know. I'm in a similar boat myself with Excite planning to discontinue its email service in a few weeks...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • korrtakinkorrtakin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Easy only 3 Steps

8a5b8p4q.jpg
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Unfortunately, that only changes the email for an account on the SITE.
    The game itself continues to require the old - discontinued or soon-to-be - email to log in.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User

My problem, as I tried to state, is my old e-mail, from Verizon, is no longer available. So, when I tried to send the changed e-mail, it sends the attempted change, to the old e-mail which I no longer have access to, which puts me back at square one.

I thought by posting here I was asking for help from Support. It is one of the Support threads. :/

As I read the other help that Support can offer,...
    https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017780973-How-do-I-update-my-account-information-

The Devs seem to need information:

If you don't have access to your account's registered email address, we can manually change it for you. You will need to send in a ticket and request an email change for the account. Please be aware that you will be asked to verify your ownership of the account, so when initially contacting us please provide us with any and all account details that you can think of so that we can speed the process up for you.

What do they mean by any and all? How detailed do I need to be? Is a list of all of my Captains names enough or do they expect to see a lot more?
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    yep your best bet is to keep sending messages and trying to clearly explain with examples the issue.

Or you can call them on the phone and explain....but on the phone they will ask for more information to verify you are who you say they are,

They asked me what my original registration code was when i was on the phone with them...=^_^=
    and i still have the box and everything =^_^=

seams not everyone can do that.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    bumped to the top of my save list for easier access.
    sorry for the inconvience.