test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 6/10/21

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited June 2021 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 6/10 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    "Completing the Admiralty goals for a Delta Recruit will unlock the U.S.S. Voyager for all of your other characters on the account (subject to meeting the usual level requirements). "

This is a much appreciated surprise.. thank you for that!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Yeehaw! Voyager Admiralty Card for all!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Thanks for the fixes, Cryptic! As for the Destabilizing Resonance Beam II fix, does that fix the bug several captains have with the manuals for DRB I and III as well?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    'Improved the Damage and Recharge of Universal Kit Module - Tetryon Mine Barrier'

While that's nice and all, especially if the CD reduction was significant enough to actually make them usable...how about the space version? That didn't look overly impressive either.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2021
    Resolved an issue that could prevent progressing through the Task Force Operation, “Transdimensional Tactics”, when joining late.

Oh this was nice, as many were getting AFK penalties and being excluded marks as they couldn't enter.

Resolved an issue that was preventing Captains from training Science Bridge Officers with Training Manual - Science - Destabilizing Resonance Beam II.

This is another that should make several very happy, I presume they meant I/II/III.

And a few others enhancements as well, very good job!

Hopefully they getting close to resolving the 5/25 graphical issues as well perhaps with this build.

o:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Hopefully some of us will get our missing character slot back soon...

:wink:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Not for those of us who have been completely locked out of the game since the May 25 patch, and STILL have not heard a single word about the bug. Maybe we get lucky and todays patches quietly fixes it by accident.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Could they also make it where you get the Klingon Recruit Admiralty reward of that Infiltrator trait BOFF or possibly trait unlock for it if you've completed it. I figure at the very least if you have every single thing done on it you should be able to utilize that trait being its one of just a few things that you can only get on the recruits making the remaining KDF or even battle cloak using characters only decent if they were Reman.
  • arigon3arigon3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Why are the non bundle items in Mudd's Market still full price?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I knew that there was something screwy going on with the maps. Glad they fixed it so quickly.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I had unlocked Voyager pre-patch, and logging in with another character post-patch, and he did not get it. He's level 65 (so level's not the problem).

I'll work on another character Delta recruit to get to the 10th level Admiralty post-patch, to see if it has to be unlocked post.

The character that I 'unlocked' Voyager was from Starfleet, the character I checked was Klingon (non-Delta) Recruit. So I'll have to see if the unlocked only works for those in the same faction.
  • shewolf89shewolf89 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Due to lack of black screen bug acknowledgement in notes or a fix, I have lost all confidence in and respect for Cryptic studios.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    shewolf89 wrote: »
    Due to lack of black screen bug acknowledgement in notes or a fix, I have lost all confidence in and respect for Cryptic studios.

Please try to remain patient, while this is certainly one that should be bumped higher in the priority list for sure, along with the various Crashes many are seeing.

Hopefully they will get to this soon!
    westmetals wrote: »
    (post maintenance)

It appears that the Destablizing Resonance Beam manuals bug is now fixed, not only for rank II as mentioned in the patch notes, but for ranks I and III as well.

Thank you.

This is very good news for sure! See the CM does forward stuff onto the extended team.
    0zxlclk.png
  • xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    (post maintenance)

As someone who has previously been a department manager for a service type company.... if anyone treated MY customers the way I've been treated by 2/3rds of the Cryptic staff that were involved with this, I'd have written them up.

And to be clear - I'm not talking about the delay in actually solving the issue. I get that there's sometimes technical things. But straight up ignoring people, or abruptly taking over when another employee is handling the situation well and then being rude to the client?

Completely agree. I could add a lot to what you are trying to explain here, but I would get shut down by the gatekeepers, as my past TWO experiences with this same bug within the last 9 months have proven.

This bug, as well as ALL past occurrences (others have been hit by this same issue outside of the times when I have experienced it) of this same "event bug" is being, and has been repeatedly, and deliberately ignored. There has to be a logical reason for it. This has gone beyond normal incompetence, and rudeness. In my opinion, there could very well be a nefarious motive behind the coverup of the "event bug."

• daynetreader#5229 daynetreader Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    The Depth of Field bug is still present. If Depth of Field is turned off then no special effects (weapons, warp and impulse trails, transporters, anomalies, water, console displays) render at all.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    are we doing june 10th over again?? que cono cambio?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User

Ey crypt, if you need it I'm available to do customer service daily and I don't even need to be paid with real money, just pay me in zen lol,
    I love this game too much, if there is interest please contact me via email.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

People sometimes forget that there is another Intrepid Class AC you can pick up...

USS Sally Ride
    She was out there for years before I remembered to pick her up. :/
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
This discussion has been closed.