test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship traits on a second character

vonhef#3982 vonhef Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I am a new player that started in April of 2021. I leveled up my first character (Federation) to 65, purchased a few ships from the store and decided to start a second character (Romulan). My question is about ship traits. I noticed that the T6 ships I have for the first character are also available for my second character, but even though both are at level 65, I don't have the ship traits available for the second player?

Is this by design, or what am I missing?

Comments

• vonhef#3982 vonhef Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    You are correct.

Ships purchased from the zen store, or earned from a seasonal event*, are considered "account unlocks" and may be claimed for free by your other characters, as long as there are no faction limitations preventing that character from having that particular ship.

The starship traits however have to be earned by each character (except for the level 6 traits given by "Legendary" ships, which do carry over account-wide).

* "seasonal event" meaning the annual Winter, Anniversary, and Summer events, each of which have a multi-day project which rewards a free, unique Tier 6 ship; a new ship is created for each of these events each year.

Thank you very much for the clarification.

• kegorogers#0601 kegorogers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    If your character is level 65, I recommend running two patrols on advanced.
    - Wanted
    - The Ninth Rule

Rarely do I need more than those two patrols to fully level a ship for the trait. When you get to elite levels, you can fully level a ship with one of the patrols above. Good luck.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    Some of the earlier T6 ship traits can be reclaimed from the Dilithium Store on a character of a different faction.
    This was at a time when shps were released per faction with their own specific trait. Later, when ships were released per faction, they all had the same trait which must be earned by flying the ship.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/