test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forum rules, is there a link for it anywhere?

soldier612soldier612 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Sad that I even have to ask for it but since I'm now getting threats for no apparent reason claiming that im breaking forum rules, figured I would ask anyway. Never could find any list of rules here and I have no idea if such a thing even exists.

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    soldier612 wrote: »
    Sad that I even have to ask for it but since I'm now getting threats for no apparent reason claiming that im breaking forum rules, figured I would ask anyway. Never could find any list of rules here and I have no idea if such a thing even exists.

Most forum rules are found in the terms of service which you can find at the foot of the forum. They basically are. No posting of third party content i.e you contact support you can't post the reply you receive from them. No naming and shaming another player i.e. If you believe you witnessed another player cheating, you don't post about it and naming them in that post. However I am more concerned about you mentioning you are receiving threats so I am going to highlight this to @ambassadorkael#6946 I am also going to ask @darkbladejk and @rattler2 to comment as they are the forum moderators and may wish to contact you privately regarding these threats.
  • Options
    soldier612soldier612 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    oh ok. i found it now. maybe i shouldnt say it was a threat but it felt like one when i read it. i didnt know the rules though. someone went off on me saying im not supposed to recreate the same discussion more than once every 30 days. i do think its kind of a childish rule but i repost once every 12 days so i never thought i was spamming either. guess some people will complain about anything. the forum doesnt allow deleting your own post either or i would have just did that. so i can only edit it before starting a new discussion.
  • Options
    oh ok. i found it now. maybe i shouldnt say it was a threat but it felt like one when i read it. i didnt know the rules though. someone went off on me saying im not supposed to recreate the same discussion more than once every 30 days. i do think its kind of a childish rule but i repost once every 12 days so i never thought i was spamming either. guess some people will complain about anything. the forum doesnt allow deleting your own post either or i would have just did that. so i can only edit it before starting a new discussion.

You can delete your own post content buy moving the mouse over to the top right by your name and you should get a cog icon pop up click on that to edit your post content. If you created a thread you will see a cog icon at the far right of the thread title.

On post content just put something like removed by OP and then you can make a request to the mods darkbladejk and rattler2 to close a thread for you just put the @ infront as you can see as I have done previously to make them aware of your request.
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »

You can delete your own post content buy moving the mouse over to the top right by your name and you should get a cog icon pop up click on that to edit your post content. If you created a thread you will see a cog icon at the far right of the thread title.

On post content just put something like removed by OP and then you can make a request to the mods darkbladejk and rattler2 to close a thread for you just put the @ infront as you can see as I have done previously to make them aware of your request.

If you feel a comment posted by another person to you is not of a pleasant nature you can always use the flag to report a post for review
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    1 single person actually pleasantly asked him to stop spamming the same topic, as he has 5 posts on the same subject between the 10th of may and the 29th of may..
    there were no threats made at him....
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    With few exceptions, the Necromancy rule, I believe, is meant to keep information on a subject relevant and up to date. Having someone respond to a thread that's a year or two old thinking that's the answer when the game has changed since then can be an issue.

So always pay attention to the date/time of the last post in the thread. If it says, for example, January 2018, that's well into necromancy. If it says May 17, and its May 26, you're good. That's well within the 30 day mark. If it says April 15, and its May 16... eh... MIGHT be able to get away with it if its still relevant, otherwise I'd err on the side of caution and say let it sleep.

Naming and Shaming is a BIG no. Publically calling someone out for their behavior in game is a good way to get the wrong kind of attention from not just other forumites, but the Mods as well. If someone in game has done something wrong (legit wrong as in harassment, not "I just don't like you"), then report them in game to the GMs. Just be aware that 99% of the time you will get an automated message saying that it is being investigated and not to expect any kind of response on the subject. If you're wanting to bring up incidents with video or screenshot evidence... PM a mod to ask where to go and who to contact. Do not bring it up in public on the forums.

Duplicate threads on the same subject is considered spamming and will either be merged together or the extras will be closed.

Please note that this is just off the top of my head. @darkbladejk is the more experienced mod and could probably give you more firm answers on the rules. Also @wingedhussar#7584 if they're around as well.

Other than that... as mentioned above, feel free to ask for mod clarification on things.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    I've gone back and I've deleted the discussions you marked as erased, and I have closed the duplicate threads. Your thread from the 18th of May is still open. This is the document of rules we enforce here on the forums: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1191393/perfect-world-entertainment-community-rules-and-policies

Then there is also the Frequently Created Threads list which folks may not post about for various reasons covered in the document. Please refer to these 2 items if unsure whether a post is permitted, or you can send a PM to myself, or one of my cohorts: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1245086/the-f-c-t-frequently-created-threads-list-2-0

First as far as any kinds of punishments for infractions go, we generally try not to issue warnings or penalties unless demanded by the rules or it's a severe instance of something. Most of the time when such an action occurs, it's usually how someone has chosen to say something vs what they've actually said. Some folks may disagree and think we are heavy handed or that we take pleasure in punishing them. They're entitled to those opinions but that's a different can of worms. The bits I do take pleasure in are when we get to nuke a spam bot from orbit cause reasons, getting to help new/returning folks with builds and see them excel. Last thing is getting to give the devs a headache when I break half the server at once, not that I've ever done that or anything o:) If folks feel they have been moderated unfairly they may submit an appeal to Ambassador Kael the community manager who will have the final word.

Spamming: The reason this rule is in place is for a number of reasons. One is that it clutters up the forums if there are too many duplicates of threads running around. If there are 5 different posts all on the same thing, it makes it difficult for people to know where to post and keep track of it all. It also potentially drowns out other posts and prevents us from being able to help people as easily who may need it. Overall it's meant to help keep discussions better contained and orderly, as well as enable us to help folks easier. This is why we don't allow duplicate posts of the same topic within 30 days.

Necroposting: Necroposting is when one posts in a thread that has not been active for 30 days or more. This is done for a few reasons. A chief reason being that often times necro posts can contain outdated information which is no longer valid. If someone asks where to get a certain item, and someone links them a post from 7 years ago, that post might not be valid anymore since the item may have been moved or even removed. The only exception to the necroposting rule are bug reports placed in the bug reporting area. This exception is so we can track the life of certain bugs, especially those who may have returned.

Name and Shame is prohibited for obvious reasons. It attempts to name and shame an individual for actions they may or may not have committed, often times with little in means of defending themselves against accusations. It creates unnecessary drama in 99% of all cases which is why it's kept off the forums. Plus if something serious is going on, there's nothing we can do here on the forums.

If there are further questions or concerns regarding rules or so on, please feel free to send us a PM. we don't mind answering questions.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Personally, I think the exceptions to necroposting need to also extend to things like screenshot threads, roleplay threads and forum game threads, because none of the reasons presented for closing such a thread applies to any of those.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Personally, I think the exceptions to necroposting need to also extend to things like screenshot threads, roleplay threads and forum game threads, because none of the reasons presented for closing such a thread applies to any of those.​​

there are threads in 10 Forward that have essentially been grandfathered in due to such a nature. Depending on the nature of a thread folks can ask such an exception be granted, but it's done on a case by case basis.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator