test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to House United

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
edited June 2022 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The finale of the Klingon Civil War is live on PC. Welcome to House United.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11488783
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Welcome, but not for all.
    For me is welcome to black screen
  • matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Can't get to character selection screen. Solitaire here I come.
    MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,295 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    minidari wrote: »

@minidari
    @matzdaad
    That happens to me from time to time. For some reason the game does not launch. I usually close the game launcher through task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delte) and restart without problems.

If that does not work, clear your cache and try again.
    Post edited by questerius on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,900 Arc User
    Finally got around to patching and now just waiting for it to finish so I can log in, but...

"For the first time in a long time..."

Which is it, the first time, or a long time? Both cannot be true.

The first time? No, we had the ending to the Temporal War at Procyon 5 in TFO and Mission.

A long time? Yes, it's been a long time since we had the ending to the Temporal War at Procyon 5 in TFO and Mission.

I know, I'm nitpicking, but the game's still patching so I needed something to do. :smiley:
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    edited May 2021
    This is a far as I can get, no Character Selection Screen. (Hope this works)
    view?usp=sharing

Nope... Maybe this copied into a browser?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kicd0axa4MX7hGe42KwHzCEOzXDxWvll/view?usp=sharing

Yes, worked for me. That is a far as I can get.
    Post edited by matzdaad on
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,900 Arc User
    New missions were mostly enjoyable but have somewhat underwhelming reward options.
    I'm not saying that there needed to be new items made for the rewards, but a couple extra choices would have been nice, drawn from the pool of readily available items, such as beam arrays, torpedo launchers and the like..
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I'm glad the finale is concluded in the regular story missions. :)
    The TFO part in the United blog sounded a bit like the story conclusion might be there.
    New missions were mostly enjoyable but have somewhat underwhelming reward options.
    I'm not saying that there needed to be new items made for the rewards, but a couple extra choices would have been nice, drawn from the pool of readily available items, such as beam arrays, torpedo launchers and the like..

Yeah, the item reward for each is very... meh.
  • rikersbeard#5268 rikersbeard Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    this game is completley crashed out, and judging by the comments, i';m not alone
    edited May 2021
    questerius wrote: »

@minidari
    @matzdaad
    That happens to me from time to time. For some reason the game does not launch. I usually close the game launcher through task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delte) and restart without problems.

(I have been doing the Alt/Control/Delete practically every time I have logged on.)
    Is there only 1 cache? Where do I find it?

MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• liquinliquin Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2021

Oh, ffs.. are we really gonna have the trash L'Rell character running the Klingon empire? the Klingon content was set to get so much better than they vomited ST Discovery onto it.. for crying out loud.,.
    Post edited by liquin on
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    liquin wrote: »

Oh, ffs.. are we really gonna have the trash L'Rell character running the Klingon empire? the Klingon content was set to get so much better than they vomited ST Discovery onto it.. for crying out loud.,.

We've gone from Space Dubya Chancellor Chickenhawk to L'Rapist.
    tumblr_migrt0mwKS1qeeqito6_r1_250.gif
    The proverbial house is still burning.

I'm having the exact same reaction to this arc that I did to the Blog War: a decent start but then it ends in disaster. I'm beginning to think the reason the Klingons joined the Federation in the future is because their 25th century chancellors completely ran the Empire into the ground.

2/10 for the arc gg cryptic
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    matzdaad wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »

@minidari
    @matzdaad

(I have been doing the Alt/Control/Delete practically every time I have logged on.)
    Is there only 1 cache? Where do I find it?

The launchers uses the browser you use to launch so clearing the history from your browser should clear out the cache as well.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    It says: "Odds of winning depend on # of eligible entries received."

So what are the odds? I guess 1 on a million or less?

Why are the actual odds not communicated? In some countries it is illegal to not do so.
  • terrapaq#3835 terrapaq Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    For those that get the black screen of never ending loading, do a forced file verification. Open up options on the launch screen and you will see a check box to force verify, check it and let it check the files again. For some screwed up reason the monkeys they have programming now do not know how to do a proper update of files.
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    For those that get the black screen of never ending loading, do a forced file verification. Open up options on the launch screen and you will see a check box to force verify, check it and let it check the files again. For some screwed up reason the monkeys they have programming now do not know how to do a proper update of files.

no, unfortunately it didn't help.
    For me personally i started experiencing the black screens at startup after a windows update roughly a month ago so it might be related to some drivers, but i haven't been able to narrow it down.
    In case it is related to your browser, try setting a different browser as your main. It should not matter, but at some point it is a matter of eliminating potential causes.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    totenmet wrote: »
    It says: "Odds of winning depend on # of eligible entries received."

So what are the odds? I guess 1 on a million or less?

Why are the actual odds not communicated? In some countries it is illegal to not do so.

You meant to post this comment in the thread Perfect Spring Sale not in Welcome to House United. Also, the odds of winning depends on the number of eligible entries received. They cannot give you the exact odds since they have no clue how many people are going to submit entries until they get them. So they are not going to guesstimate or anything like that. They are not doing anything illegal. Just submit your entries and see if you can win the Razer laptop. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • liquinliquin Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    liquin wrote: »

We've gone from Space Dubya Chancellor Chickenhawk to L'Rapist.
    tumblr_migrt0mwKS1qeeqito6_r1_250.gif
    The proverbial house is still burning.

I'm having the exact same reaction to this arc that I did to the Blog War: a decent start but then it ends in disaster. I'm beginning to think the reason the Klingons joined the Federation in the future is because their 25th century chancellors completely ran the Empire into the ground.

2/10 for the arc gg cryptic
    I understand from a marketing point of view linking to the new series, but using such awfully written characters from such an awful show written by people who hate the very IP they write for is just... saddening.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Not to be over criticizing as usual but I found a few problems aside from missing npc's throughout the first city with that change when you finish the story. One thing is that the aide for J'mpok is still gainfully employed and is still working for him lol. Then it seems that while we resurrect/clone one warrior it seems that a 2nd clone has snuck in so now Woldan is alive again after being killed by the Iconian in the great hall. Oh also the romulans near the exchange have still not learned to sit properly on the bench and their lower legs and feet are buried still. Lastly though it appears there is some kind of secret room I've found that has like 5 or 6 dead bodies just laying on the floor.

Did force verify a few times, no help at all.
    Thanks anyway.

MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

edited July 2021
    Update to todays update...

Finally got to see my character selection screen and even managed to change to a different character, (the pro).
    Game is unplayable, flickers all over the place at about 3-4 per second, random blue blobs that are marked 'federation cruiser' (or whatever), game unplayable. EXTREMELY irritating. (some of the cons).

NOTE: That 'flickering' was just when I was in space.
    Post edited by matzdaad on
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

This discussion has been closed.