test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Giveaway day 2- KDF Academy uniform -

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
Not in the promotions tab, it's in uniforms @ 100% discount.. Thanks Cryptic, but how about consistency on how you present this stuff?
awkward.jpg
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    yep it's under uniforms
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    edited May 2021
    As I recall, ships and uniforms are in the ship and uniform tabs when at 100% discount. Things in promotions are usually for slots/services/vanity shields and the like

Thats how its been for a long time
    ^ This ^
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It's also in "on sale"​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    I already bought that uniform, please give me some bloodwine and cookies in place lol
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    As I recall, ships and uniforms are in the ship and uniform tabs when at 100% discount. Things in promotions are usually for slots/services/vanity shields and the like

Just because it is how they have been doing it, doesn't make it any less inconsistant. All promotions, like these give-aways, should be located in the promotions tab. The less complicated the promotions system, the less likely it will be that people will get confused.
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

Just because it is how they have been doing it, doesn't make it any less inconsistant. All promotions, like these give-aways, should be located in the promotions tab. The less complicated the promotions system, the less likely it will be that people will get confused.

Follow the K.I.S.S. method. Keep It Simple Stupid. lol
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

^ This ^

so, why does the right up say promotions tab
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator

Because they make a special single claim promotional version for these giveaways. They're not going to discount the normal inventory slot item because that's a service that can be repeatably purchased. And they put these single claim promo items in the promotions tab.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Because they make a special single claim promotional version for these giveaways. They're not going to discount the normal inventory slot item because that's a service that can be repeatably purchased. And they put these single claim promo items in the promotions tab.

got news: they're not there
    WE SURVIVE!

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User

got news: they're not there
    That's because with these giveaways, the items are only there for 24 hours, beginning at 10am Pacific time, to be replaced by the next item at 10am Pacific time the next day.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Not in the promotions tab, it's in uniforms @ 100% discount.. Thanks Cryptic, but how about consistency on how you present this stuff?

On behalf of all newish players that are not aware of how things "usually are", I thank you.
    I had to specify to a new member of my fleet that started playing very recently when he came looking for information because "the news says they're in the promotions tab, but the uniform is not there".

But of course Cryptic, same as some in this thread that are absolutely incapable of looking at things from a pov that's not their own, expect everyone to know how things are usually done. Show how much they really care.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    wellp, it finally happened. I got something from the promo tab, a 6x token, but still didn't get the 2 previous, and didn't look for the 1st so it doesn't count
    WE SURVIVE!

This discussion has been closed.