test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Issue with Azure Nebula TFO in a Carrier

daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
I'm not sure if this counts as a bug, a design oversight or even working as intended, so I'm really not sure where to post this.

However my issue relates to trying to deactivate tractor beams in the Azure Nebula TFO whilst using a carrier.

As my hanger pets are set to auto launch and are on a relatively short cd, each time I'm in the middle of deactivating a beam my hanger attempts a launch and immediately stops my progress with said beam.

As a workaround I can turn auto launch off, however this impacts on the functionality of my carrier and renders having an ability to auto launch pointless.

Would it be possible to remove hanger launch cycles from the list of interrupts for tractor beams or does the spaghetti code make this nigh on impossible?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Yes, the only thing that should interrupt disabling the tractors is taking damage or giving the job to Tasha Yar.

(That's a Temporal Ambassador joke.)
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I think all activateable abilities should be excluded from interupts, in Azure and elsewere. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to close a portal in the Terran space TFO in the nick of time, only to have an auto-execute captain or BOFF ability interupt. Perhaps this is only an issue on console because of auto-executes going off whenever possible.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    I think all activateable abilities should be excluded from interupts, in Azure and elsewere. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to close a portal in the Terran space TFO in the nick of time, only to have an auto-execute captain or BOFF ability interupt. Perhaps this is only an issue on console because of auto-executes going off whenever possible.

No, it is a problem on the PC version too. Mines can cause the same problem even on non-carriers, sometimes I end up swapping out a mine rack for something else temporarily when doing scenarios where it is especially annoying like that.
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    > @keepcalmchiveon said:
    > imma roll with TRIBBLE happens.
    > this has also effected some missions.
    > all i do is disable auto launch and good to go. that would remove and accept your premise of said solution. no coding needed.

Whilst disabling auto launch is a solution, it's hardly an ideal solution as it renders my (not cheap) Scramble Fighters trait worthless and also renders a feature, that they purposely added, useless.

If the solution to get around issues is to disable features/abilities, what's the point in the Devs adding these features in the first place?
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    daboholic wrote: »
    > @keepcalmchiveon said:
    > imma roll with TRIBBLE happens.
    > this has also effected some missions.
    > all i do is disable auto launch and good to go. that would remove and accept your premise of said solution. no coding needed.

Whilst disabling auto launch is a solution, it's hardly an ideal solution as it renders my (not cheap) Scramble Fighters trait worthless and also renders a feature, that they purposely added, useless.

If the solution to get around issues is to disable features/abilities, what's the point in the Devs adding these features in the first place?

No only this, but turning off auto launch and auto-executes on Console is implausible because of the sheer number of auto-execute abilities for most players. And atuo-launch mines as Pheonix mentioned.
This discussion has been closed.