test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Annorax in the Lobi Store!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
The Krenim Temporal Science Dreadnaught will be available in the Lobi Store on PC until May 11th!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news/detail/11487783

Comments

• freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    So since this ship is paired with the lobi store sale and a lot of people will be flying it i would like to bring some attention to the fact, that:
    The Annorax one of the prime time manipulating ships does not have a temporal officer seat. Why is that?
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Was the Annorax around before the temporal spec was introduced? It does seem odd that it is not considered a temporal ship in terms of game mechanics/specialization.
    Then again, there is really nothing special about the ship other than it's ability to time travel and the time weapon. Whereas temporal ships have the ability to change configuration at will.

Love the ship though. It is my all time favorite non-Romulan ship.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    The Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought was around before the Temporal Specialization was introduced. The ship was introduced in Season 10, which was 2015. Temporal Operative spec was introduced with Agents of Yesterday which was in 2016. With that said, I personally would have no problem with it getting temporal seating since having intel seating on it makes no sense to me due to its purpose.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Being able to buy it instead of almost impossible odds gambling for it would be nice, and I would have liked the torpedo at least to complete the Chronometric Calculations set, but being Lobi without any Lobi-rewarding events in a while puts it squarely in massively-box-opening whale territory, which is way beyond my budget.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,295 Arc User
    Had it not been lobi and character bound i might have gotten my hands on it, but as it is i'll leave it be.

The annorax can most certainly be a force on any toon, but ships from the Lobi store are for me personally not worth the cost associated with it.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    It also seems to me that the Krenim ships have no synergy, which is a shame. Having console set bonus for the Krenim ships would be nice.
  • freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    Then again, there is really nothing special about the ship other than it's ability to time travel and the time weapon. Whereas temporal ships have the ability to change configuration at will.

Molecular Reconstruction (the configuration change) is only for ships with a commander temp seat. This ship doesn't even have a commander intel seat. Personally i'd like to see a Lt. commader temp. seat and a lt. intel seat on it. It already has some different toys and doesn't need the configuration change ability.
    freenos85 wrote: »
    garaffe wrote: »

Molecular Reconstruction (the configuration change) is only for ships with a commander temp seat. This ship doesn't even have a commander intel seat. Personally i'd like to see a Lt. commader temp. seat and a lt. intel seat on it. It already has some different toys and doesn't need the configuration change ability.

I wonder how many other promo ships do not have a full specialization set up.