test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tholian Trouble!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
Play newly remastered versions of The Vault Ensnared and Azure Nebula Rescue to progress towards a free T6 Lock Box or Promotional Ship!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11487723

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,266 Arc User
    Since when did the republic switch back to using I.R.W.? Or for that matter...naming their flagship after Sela's?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Look forward to seeing Azure Nebula Rescue remastered. It's a fun and challenging TFO.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Since when did the republic switch back to using I.R.W.? Or for that matter...naming their flagship after Sela's?​​
    Kael has been replaced by his Terra-2 Mirror self. Ban this version.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    DrvmPHO.png

So who's Tholain, and why are they in trouble? New Tholian Boff? Name of the current Tholian Queen? /s

Also, the second line feels like it's missing an "Earn" before "Progress towards a free ship".

I do find it hilarious you corrected the dates (May originally listed with 35 days), but still kept the Tholain misspelling.
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Yeah, I think the news this time has been kinda overshadowed by the sheer number of typos.

Ambassador, I'm sure you're a great guy. But please, as one writer to another--learn to proofread. This is honestly embarrassing.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I certainly hope that the new console does not have some over the top FX effect, but it looks like it would be perfect for my Recluse build.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    Tholain, Tholain, Tholain, Tholain. I'm begging of you please don't take my man.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Thank you to everyone involved in the redesigns for the TFOs.

I'm looking forward to other TFOs getting some graphical, etc. love :)
  • jhawranickjhawranick Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Just to clarify:
    Promo Ships and Lockbox ships are for one character, but T6 C-Store ships are for the whole account? The wording on the announcement is, well... fuzzy.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    Is it not ironic that this event starts on Star Wars day?

Looking forward to more content as always.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, I think the news this time has been kinda overshadowed by the sheer number of typos.

Ambassador, I'm sure you're a great guy. But please, as one writer to another--learn to proofread. This is honestly embarrassing.

He doesn’t care.. it’s been years and he’s never even attempted to do a more accurate job.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @jhawranick said:
    > Just to clarify:
    > Promo Ships and Lockbox ships are for one character, but T6 C-Store ships are for the whole account? The wording on the announcement is, well... fuzzy.

You are correct. Cryptic tries to stay true to their name and is really reluctant to spell things out clearly, always have been.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Does this mean you guys have finally fixed the Azure Nebula: rescue ships not respawning bug?
    I mean it's been broken for a long, long time and you haven't fixed it, I hope you have otherwise I foresee tons and tons of angry threads!
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,686 Community Moderator
    We get it there's typos. Put down the flamethrowers and move on.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,900 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I.R.W. Leahval
    I figure you mean the R.R.W. Lleiset? Last we saw the Leahval, it was being towed (captured/rescued) by the Iconians at the end of "Cutting the Cord"...

These are 2 of my favourite TFO's to play and I look forward to playing this event.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,266 Arc User
    What's even funnier is...it's not even his mistake, because he doesn't write the blogs - he just posts them...so there's someone else at Cryptic that doesn't even know a major lore element of their own game.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Thing for me is now that I've been back a year actively playing since only casually playing since DR came out the rewards for the campaign are kind of not anything I would actually want. Typos are not a big deal I would take great content to play and not care if its filled with typos. However I know part of my dilemma is from being a long time veteran player even with the high dilithium exchange rate I've pretty much gotten every single ship I could ever want now. Just a few Legendary ones I don't have that I want and then on top of all that 30+ characters all in upgraded epic gear I've accumulated many many many epic tokens as for the ultra rare those experimental upgrades were a nice thing to spend those on but the epic nothing to spend those on. So basically the campaign I'm basically just doing for the fun of it to play but those rewards aren't really anything I can use. However it seems like the whole Legendary ship aspect is like something that is just meant to be held over our heads but what they don't seem to understand that even after I would get those I would still be playing this game and the only thing that would deter me is another big foul up like DR was. Overall besides all that I will be excited for the rework that has been done to the TFO's which ironically is worth more to me than lockbox or promo ships lol.
  • jhawranickjhawranick Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > Cryptic tries to stay true to their name and is really reluctant to spell things out clearly, always have been.

LOL! That should be their mission statement
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2021

ironic.jpg

One of my favourite memes. :)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,430 Arc User

True, especially since it is not the "NuTrek" content which is the same subgenre as Star Wars, it is based on the older shows which are a different subgenre entirely.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User

True, especially since it is not the "NuTrek" content which is the same subgenre as Star Wars, it is based on the older shows which are a different subgenre entirely.

The irony here is that someone could take all the content from this game and make it a universal Star Trek series like they have made this game and it would still be way better than any of the new stuff. The way I look at it is before they started making new stuff Cryptic had to stretch out all the old content as much as possible to keep the game going. Now their job is to take garbage with a Star Trek label on it and turn it into something that works for it being Star Trek. All we are missing is an episode with Burnham, Worf, and Martok and then Worf and Martok both look over at her and say in unison don't even think about crying now.
  • fluxcapacitor#9257 fluxcapacitor Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,686 Community Moderator
    Guy's that whole thing about putting down the flamethrowers wasn't a suggestion. We get it, there's typos and yall don't like it. They've been made aware of the typos. Now move on and stick to the rest of the stuff with the blog.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • hetairai#8501 hetairai Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    One question: which is the minimum level to participate?
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,963 Arc User

I think it is Lvl 10 after you've completed tutorial chosen faction Fed aligned KDF aligned etc but will ask @darkbladejk @rattler2 to clarify.
  • hetairai#8501 hetairai Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

I think it is Lvl 10 after you've completed tutorial chosen faction Fed aligned KDF aligned etc but will ask @darkbladejk @rattler2 to clarify.

Thanks, I hope you're right, could use my new delta recruits then too.