test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Disconnected

Probably this has been said over and over around but I need to stick a needle.

Please disable the cutscenes or at least give us the ESC option. Is so frustrating having 1mm to finish freeing and then cutscenes, I would be ok if only the last one would remain unchanged.
IInLzhi.gif

Comments

• darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Agreed. Cutscenes while in battle....what a brilliant idea, said nobody ever!
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I have no issue with cutscenes... in regular story content.

Cutscenes in the TFO's need to be skippable or done away with entirely, unless they are being used as an intro or outro.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    The most bizarre thing about these between-phases cutscenes is that this is the only TFO I can think of where the Briefing is also a Cutscene instead of a contact hail. But the Briefing Cutscene is not only skippable, but if all players skip it, the TFO launches before the Briefing timer finishes counting down. Sure that's a minor thing, but it's funny watching people skip, start to buff, and then sit there when it launches before the timer completes.

And if the argument is going to be made about map changes and new assets/enemy arrival being a reason not to have a skippable cutscene here, then I have two counters for that. One is add a short buffer or freeze between phases like Battle of the Binary Stars, or Two see Into the Hive (Ground), which allows players to enter the Queen's chamber and skip the cutscene, starting immediately.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • murkalael#7691 murkalael Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    A good change would be, keep the voice acting with the info they provide, so players would know of the arrival of next challenges and only the last cutscene of the dreadnoughts arriving would be ok, since every one needs to move to the same spot.
    IInLzhi.gif