test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Command Book's Frigate!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
A ship fit for a Queen - but Grudge lets Book ride in her anyway. The Kwejian Pilot Frigate, Book's ship from Star Trek Discovery Season 3, is coming to the Infinity Lock Box on PC!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11487283

Comments

• sierra078sierra078 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    That had to be fun to animate...
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    To quote Luke Skywalker “What a piece of junk!"
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Console looks meh, trait looks meh, ship looks terrible. While the morphing ability looks cool, it also looks very dumb at the same time.

Hard pass!

Wake me when we get a ship that isn't from Disco S3.
  • vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Please no more Disco3 ships... Can't tell how ugly they are!
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    I feel you guys being forced to offer absolute trash ships nobody wants.
  • carlos#7199 carlos Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Once again, just like in Janeway class, non-upgradeable weapons.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    This one definitely isn’t for me, but I give credit to the ship artist as always.

They did a great job with what they were given and the animation is well done.

I don’t like the ship, never have.. but you work with what you’re given and they did a good job with what they had.

I don’t expect to see many of these flying around in game.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Cockpit reminds me of a cafeteria w/ those rectangular lights on the ceiling. :D
  • carlos#7199 carlos Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Competitor for a Lukari Dranuur Scout Ship :wink:
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    I like it but It looks like it'd fit in a Lego Star Wars game. And its weird that it disassembles instead of just turning around when it has a fast turn rate of 18.

https://youtu.be/GxEJvy8pJKU?t=39

At 00:39 it shows a reasonably detailed bridge. Which won't match up if they go with the Starship: Starship bridge. I wish they'd let us switch out that bridge and use any we've obtained. Along with any other fixed bridges because why would you keep an uncomfortable bridge designed for a different species? You can swap out weapons and engines no problem. It makes sense to me to use the existing bridge it you're using the ship briefly for a mission but replace it if using it long-term.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,632 Arc User
    Odd that it's not getting it's own lockbox, but added to an Infinity Lockbox that's already running that just had a new ship added to it directly not that long ago. At least the Angel’s Wake Lock Box stuff is being added, cheap Fragment of AI Tech and Intelligence Agent Attaché for alts will be nice.
  • treknadi#8339 treknadi Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Mhhh not a ship for me, I don't like the design.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Odd that it's not getting it's own lockbox, but added to an Infinity Lockbox that's already running that just had a new ship added to it directly not that long ago. At least the Angel’s Wake Lock Box stuff is being added, cheap Fragment of AI Tech and Intelligence Agent Attaché for alts will be nice.

I don't think it appeals to enough players to justify its own lockbox tbh. Yes the morphing mechanism looks cool, but otherwise? It's a living room in space with a can opener attached to it.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    tom61sto wrote: »

I don't think it appeals to enough players to justify its own lockbox tbh. Yes the morphing mechanism looks cool, but otherwise? It's a living room in space with a can opener attached to it.

It’s very strange.. their new ship distribution strategy seems to be cramming undesirable ships into lock boxes.

It’s hard to imagine that’s going to be a very profitable method, but I do like the fact that I don’t have to feel any regret at not obtaining the ship. It’s all just fluff that’s easy to ignore and go about my day.

I kind of doubt that was their intent, but hey.. it works. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Horrible
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    you know... sci fi allows practically anything... so I shouldnt judge... but this ship and its design is whack. and not in a good way. this idea of parts of a ship being able to move/shift around unconnected or joined to anything else to re-connect in different ways, in this and in janeways ship... seems to me to be a major weakness. first things I would shoot down/blow up in a fight.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Not sure how many times I have to use this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    I don't envy the animators who made the animations for this ship. As for me, not having seen Discovery season 2 or 3, I don't now much about it but what I've seen on the site, but I'm not big on asymmetric ships in general, so it's not really my kind of ship. And I have to say, I've liked STO original designs more then some of the ships that have come from Discovery.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Poke when the disco nonsense designs trend runs its course already.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,295 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    The design might appeal to some people, but i am not one of those. I'll pass.

With morphing designs being all the rage, i wonder if the Siege destroyer will be updated
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Never liked that ship - looks WAY too Star Wars inspired for my tastes.
    I think it looks worse than Star Wars ships honestly.

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,741 Arc User
    Why is the console limited to the ship? Is this going to be a new thing?

Also, it's rather cheap to introduce new weapon types on a very expensive ship when players can't make them really useful. Those ships should come with at least mk 12 very rare gear anyway imo. Or at least allow players to finally upgrade them. I see no good reason why it shouldn't be.

It's not like allowing a handful of weapons from an expensive ship to be upgraded, would result in the lockbox ones becoming useless or anything.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,741 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Never liked that ship - looks WAY too Star Wars inspired for my tastes.

I have this opinion of multiple newer designs.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I sorta like it. Reminds me of a squarish Outrider.

If I get it for cheap, I'll take it.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    The artists of Discovery have thrown iconic Trek design out the window. JJ started the trend, but Discovery ran with it.

I'll never understand abandoning beam weapons, but this basically is the Millennium Falcon...only not as sexy.

Funnily enough though, I've been saving a T6 Lockbox voucher, so I'm going to open it on Tribble, just for larks. I don't imagine it'll be Holodeck worthy though.
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Ah, but just like the Janeway...no unique bridge, I wonder?
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    Frigate? I mean you can look through the front window and see two chairs. This thing is about the size and shape of a minivan. A standard runabout should be twice the size of it. The bloody laSerena which is I think currently the smallest starship in game, could park this thing in its cargo hold, with enough room to spare to still play basketball. I know ship scaling in the TNG era gets a bit wonky. But that is not a feature anyone should be seeking to emulate or recreate.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    I think it's been sad before, but this is what the Legendary B'Rel should have been, in terms of stats (ignoring the console and special features)