test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ro Laren, how many would love this?

captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
I recently met the actress who played Ro Laren. Michelle Forbes.
She was the prototype for the Bajorans, and a predecessor to Major Kira...

I think her character would make a great story line for Star Trek Online. And with the Bajoran tablet seen in the Picard season 2 trailer we can assume Bajor will be featured.

How many of you here would enjoy seeing Ro Laren in STO?

I imagine after the Maquis were destroyed she took a unique adventure in the Alpha Quadrant, maybe works for Starfleet intel again?
I think a Ro Laren mission could come with a unique TNG Phaser type 2 or cricket phaser TNG style as a reward. The Cricket phasers were used on discreet missions...
I would also love to see Spiner in the same episode arch as B4, with more of Data's memories emerged. Maybe B4 and Ro Laren meet again as we join them to stop some terrorist act against the president.
Ro gets back in good graces with the Federation from this mission.

And the president's ship is a movie era excelsior class (we get a movie era bridge with the old green and blue LCARS finally to give our Motion Picture ships an accurate interior.)

Just some fun ideas. I can help the team get in touch with the Ms. Forbes if need be...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Oh fabulous! So she's technically in the game and could be part of a DS9 themed mission. So would you like to see her return?
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Me!

Think Ro is my favorite TNG char, perhaps even my favorite Trek char altogether.

I’d love to have her in game one way or the other.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    The security officer in “Quark’s Lucky Seven“ was Ro—I thought. I guess Ro Senna is just a doppelgänger. Coincidentally they both seem to work for DS9 security too.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Doppelgänger post too, apparently. Sorry
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    While it would be interesting to have her, they'd probably have to figure out where to fit her in. I'm not opposed to it, but... just saying.

Although they could retroactively add her character in like they did Garak after introducing him. Who knows.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'd like to see Ro Laren work together with Captain Kira on DS9. Esp. if there's more Gamma/Alpha Quadrant shenanigans.
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    Be nice, but I doubt Forbes would do it.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    Be nice, but I doubt Forbes would do it.

I actually spoke to Forbes, she would love to see Ro and play her again. It wasn't a fan table it was a long private convo. She might do it, and if STO brings her in for some addition to the Gamma Quadrant stuff with Captain Kira then it might even encourage CBS to bring her on Picard.

I dont think we ever found out the life span of Bajorans, but I don't agree with those who feel the time for Ro has passed.

In fact, there's several possible areas in STO for her Character to enter.... Geordi Laforge and the USS Challenger missions which gave us the screen accurate Galaxy Class interior and TNG rifle in game are a perfect arch to bring Ro Laren in to.
    Then as mentioned above, DS9 and Kira work just as well if we want to go with the novel lore which already was mentioned in STO.

I'd be happy to put the team in touch with Forbes if they don't already have official channels.

The more I think about it, I feel Geordi and the Challenger would be the best way to bring Ro Laren in to STO, because Geordi and Ro were actually bonded after "The Next Phase." When Ro returned for her last episode of TNG she and Geordi had the most warm moment during the first scene, you could tell the actors played it more as though the Characters were friends. Ro, Guinan and Geordi seemed to be a little trio.

Would Geordi and the Challenger rescue Ro Laren unexpectedly? Maybe Ro Laren is working under cover for Bajoran Intelligence then gets swept up in a fight for the underdog before getting in over her nose wrinkles and in swoops Captain Laforge to save the day~

I could see that making a lot of sense to her character.
    And.... TNG CRICKET PHASER REWARD! haha
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I think it be nice to see a member of the Bajorian Militia and Ro Laren herself, be able to speak about how she was arrested, and later reformed by Starfleet for her actions with the Maquis. Perhaps also give them time to give her a few things to say aboard DS9.

I'd welcome it for sure.

:)
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Ro Laren was what Tasha Yar should have been, IMHO.
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    Ro Laren was what Tasha Yar should have been, IMHO.

Sounds about right, yeah.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
This discussion has been closed.