test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Proposed Voth Ground BattleZone improvements.

ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
Could the Voth BZ do with some improvements?

1. Battle Zone credits are auto rewarded for participation in capturing a point rather than a free for all drop 15-20 per point?
2. 30 Sec spawn delay for V-Rex to give you time to travel to at least one point leading into 3.
3. Higher the hit points on the V-Rex so it is not nuked within seconds by campers.
https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Proposed Voth Ground BattleZone improvements. 12 votes

No
8%
millefune#8468 1 vote
Improvements to Cryptic mean nerfs so no thanks
0%
God no they'll break the zone
33%
bigblackafricadexxis7jennycolvintm706 4 votes
Never play the zone so don't care
41%
arabaturseaofsorrowsevilmark444keepcalmchiveongaraffe 5 votes
No I'm a happy camper keep capturing points so I can reap the rewards of you hard labour.
8%
nikephorus 1 vote
Zone is fine as it is.
8%
paddy#3322 1 vote

Comments

• qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    This poll has no option for yes.

I would like to be able to fight the T.rex every time—sure. I am not sure what a “free for all drop” is. I assume you want a way to reward participation and discourage camping—that sounds like a good idea too.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    This poll has no option for yes.

I would like to be able to fight the T.rex every time—sure. I am not sure what a “free for all drop” is. I assume you want a way to reward participation and discourage camping—that sounds like a good idea too.

Sorry was thought to hard about answers I forgot the most simple one.

The free for all is the pink battle zone credits which are collected by nearest player in proximity to them when a zone is captured. So even if you solo the zone and another player runs through at the right moment and the credits drop favourable for the place they are running they can pick up a few to all of them. Happened to me yesterday
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    No I'm a happy camper keep capturing points so I can reap the rewards of you hard labour.
    Thank you for all your hard work.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I'd have to agree. The main issue is the V-Rex camping. Other than that for the most part the Voth Battlezone is actually pretty good. It set the standard for zones like the Undine and Badlands zones. Now the zone that REALLY needs fixing is Gon'cra. And honestly I wouldn't even consider Gamma Quadrant as a Hur'q Battlezone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    The only real bug that happens on Gon'Cra is sometimes not getting awarded the protomatter containers after defeating the dreds. Besides that, its actually fairly easy ever since they made some changes to how long zones flip awhile back.

Personally I feel they should have stuck with how it works in the Badlands and Undine zones, where you actually have a chance to defend against a recap of a zone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I believe that the Command Credits are auto-rewarded and have been for a couple of years.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    pretty sure that the command credits are auto-rewarded for the most part already though I could be wrong on that. In the future I would advise creating a yes option.

With that said, I've said for years they need to forcibly transport everyone back to the command center once the Vrex spawn in, then let folks run back. this way even if certain people do try to camp the spawns it won't matter. They also need to scale the health of the Vrex based on people present and similar so that you don't get "that one guy" who purposefully tries to nuke it to prevent others from having a shot at the rewards. I would also love to see the zones give rewards proportional to what you've done to help spawn the Vrex's so folks will have some motivation to not camp and try to leech.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    A timer between capture and rex spawn would be great, I might even go back there if that happens. I liked the zone a lot when you could still get all 3 rexes. Recently they died so fast you might not get a single one due to campers.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Its game breaking if they don't rework the way BZ's operate now of days. Mainly because when the Voth BZ was brand new that was the expectation that randomly idle npcs would be a challenge for the average player. However now of days they are just an annoyance and BZ's don't really look anything like one would expect in a battlezone. So really these need aspects of pressing F repeatedly and time gates to be a thing of the past when you don't need a timer you just need to complete an objective that is dependent on how well the people on the map are fighting the enemy. So enemies need offensive and defensive groups especially so the lines are more clear on what is being taken by either side.

So less idle npcs waiting to die and more pew pew.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    A timer between capture and rex spawn would be great, I might even go back there if that happens. I liked the zone a lot when you could still get all 3 rexes. Recently they died so fast you might not get a single one due to campers.

Yep. Spawn timers, staggered spawns, and a click to warp there would be ideal. See: the Romulan minefield and Breach TFOs where there is a "rally at the spot you need to be" button.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I think there needs to be either a delay or everyone transports to the transporters or starting door. also, there needs to be a minimum time in the point before you get rewards. I camp through a relay point, son jackwagon traipses through shoots one turret and gets the reward too? that bullsqueeze
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    sounds a lot more complicated than a timer or transport
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @corinthalas said:
    > Definitely more complicated, but it makes sure the people who actually get to contribute to the final phase of the BZ are the ones who were actually participating in it all along, as opposed to the campers and leechers.

Does it really or does it just measure damage done, ultimately? That is the same issue space TFOs have that discourages support players. Setting all players on equal footing for the boss so everyone has the ability to engage them would solve those issues as well, the reward for participating throughout the whole zone should be additional dil or marks or whatever. After all, you can enter the zone when it's already close to being finished and still help with the boss.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Never play the zone so don't care
    I only go to a battlezone when an Endeavor tells me to and I'm out of reroll tokens, so I wouldn't even notice if they reworked one of them.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I agree with the other posters who brought the subject up... Yes, there needs to be a "Warp To" or "Rally At" point when the V-Rexes spawn. Too many times, I am at another part of one of the three "areas" only to have the V-Rex downed in that area before I can get there. I helped clear the zone so those V-Rexes could spawn. I would like to at least get a few shots in on them before they are taken out. Sometimes I do, depending on how many campers are at each point.

Let's face it, many of those spawn campers are there for the dil payout when the V-Rexes are taken down, only to repeat the process in another instance. They get their reward, in part, because of mine (and others) work in clearing the various "points". Having a place where the people in each of the 3 zones can rally to take down the V-Rexes would at least give the people doing all the work to clear the zones a chance to share in the rewards at the end.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    After I help kill the V-Rex (and the overwhelming number of times it is at the Outskirts), i stay put at the body and don't try to go to any other Zone. I really don't care about the extra Dilithium, it's the Elite Marks. The one time I did try to go to another i got no Elite Marks, so I don't risk it.

I find it frustrating to find my way to another Zone's silo in the remaining time.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.