test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undine Assault (timer issue)

vaniergentry#1273 vaniergentry Member Posts: 5 Arc User
When playing Undine Assault, there are 6 main rifts you have to close. Each time you close a main rift, the timer is supposed to reset to 1:30 (and that's what Tuvok says in the instructions). What I've noticed for the last few months is that after you successfully close the 3rd main rift (and get the 3x bonus), the timer doesn't always reset after you close the 4th, 5th or 6th main rifts. So you end up losing out on the 3x bonus points from closing the 4th, 5th and 6th rifts because of the glitching timer. The thing is, it doesn't always glitch. But it's rare. I'd say 90% of the time, the timer doesn't reset when you close anything beyond the 3rd main rift. I think this issue started around the time of the Synthwave event or the release of House Shattered (sometime back in January).
Tagged:

Comments

• oredshirt#7209 oredshirt Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    This has been an issue for years, it is not recent. The better bug on this map is when command ships don't spawn or spawn and do nothing.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Sometimes the command ships get pulled off to the side by a spawned rift and get stuck. I have had marginal success luring undine ships to the stuck command ship and then cloaking to have the undine ships destroy the stuck one.
  • will#4752 will Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    When playing Undine Assault, there are 6 main rifts you have to close. Each time you close a main rift, the timer is supposed to reset to 1:30 (and that's what Tuvok says in the instructions). What I've noticed for the last few months is that after you successfully close the 3rd main rift (and get the 3x bonus), the timer doesn't always reset after you close the 4th, 5th or 6th main rifts. So you end up losing out on the 3x bonus points from closing the 4th, 5th and 6th rifts because of the glitching timer. The thing is, it doesn't always glitch. But it's rare. I'd say 90% of the time, the timer doesn't reset when you close anything beyond the 3rd main rift. I think this issue started around the time of the Synthwave event or the release of House Shattered (sometime back in January).

so there is a recent post about this timer resetting problem, except it`s getting noticeably more frequent. out of the 5 tfo`s of UAA i took part in today, 3 had the timer fail even though we closed the rift in time. up until recently it wasn`t much of a problem and yes it was rare. now it`s more like 50-50 in the last few weeks. but then seeing how someone here said it`s been around for years and 2 months since op reported it, i`d best not hold my breath and get used to it getting worse.
    p.s. i should`ve mentioned i`m on Playstation
  • oredshirt#7209 oredshirt Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    will#4752 wrote: »

so there is a recent post about this timer resetting problem, except it`s getting noticeably more frequent. out of the 5 tfo`s of UAA i took part in today, 3 had the timer fail even though we closed the rift in time. up until recently it wasn`t much of a problem and yes it was rare. now it`s more like 50-50 in the last few weeks. but then seeing how someone here said it`s been around for years and 2 months since op reported it, i`d best not hold my breath and get used to it getting worse.
    p.s. i should`ve mentioned i`m on Playstation

Likely the reason it is getting worse is crazier space magic/more abilities checking and stacking on a decade old engine that isn't built to handle these developments efficiently. in other words don't just get used to it, expect it to get worse till star trek online 2.