test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need to ensure ENG/SCI Teams I/II/III applies heals, & +40 for Endeavors.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
Often while fighting you have enemy in your target, yet if you apply ENG/SCI Teams I/II/III often healing is never applied to you.

I mean it should, and only redirect healing if it's applied to an ally or friendly target. Yet for years I don't know how many times I've selected blank space on screen to deselect any highly targets, and still I'm lucky if I see healing 10-25% of the time.
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure there is a few options to counter that, where you can choose to have helpful/healing ability only activate on the friendly target of the foe (even if it's yourself) you have targeted.

So far it has worked for me since sometimes, the heal doesn't kick in on time for the friendly and thus I get the heal since the friendly blew up.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Odd, I've not really experienced that beyond if the target ship becomes 'friendly' to keep you from killing it for story reasons, or rarely eaten by lag (no more or less than other abilities in the same situation, though).

Edit: Yeah, might be settings like 'heal friendly target of target' settings like saurializard mentions, I don't think I moved that particular one from what the default is.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021
    If I have enemy target, often I'm not seeing the HEALs myself. I wish they'd correct this, so it always applies to yourself; unless you target a friendly (ally) as they call it--which I'm not doing here.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    What they need to do is give us a heal/defensive target that works independently of the normal target.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    This is part and parcel of the general problem of abilities going on cooldown but not actually activating. You hit TS3 and it starts the cooldown but your spread never actually happens. Old, old problem that has never been addressed, because Cryptic CBA.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I have not experienced this, beyond the usual broken game of all abilities not toggling, or taking forever to toggle, or pretending to toggle but not. Even keybinds I have to spam forever just to trigger like 6 abilities in a row, often resulting in blowing up by the time they finally trigger if I try to trigger Tac's GDF at very low hull for amplifying dmg, or just trying to get rock n roll to work in critical times.

Recently found 'coordinated targeting solution' trait for Tacs rarely granting the 1 min CD reduction for targets that you destroy while the ability is active. I'll have to make a bug report on it once I test it on T5/T6 ships again - but really what I should be doing is posting recordings or streaming STO to show just how broken this game is, how incapable the devs are at handling the original game code, followed by the usual white knight responses of 'coding is hard, be patient guys' many years later.

Torps are broken, and the only way I've found them to function is to take them off auto-fire and manually fire with space bar set to fire all weapons, otherwise they consume charges without actually firing.

Target lock is broken for me - it used to be exceptionally good at interpreting which target you select among a group of overlapping friendlies or enemies, but after a certain patch that degraded permanently years ago. More recently, target lock just outright fails, and I've had to set options to keep targets selected and rebind the Esc key to mouse as a workaround. Submitted this bug report months ago but like with endless other game-breaking bugs I don't have any hope of it ever being fixed - if anything, the game will continue to degrade steadily.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    strathkin wrote: »
    If I have enemy target, often I'm not seeing the HEALs myself. I wish they'd correct this, so it always applies to yourself; unless you target a friendly (ally) as they call it.

I haven't noticed this on PC or console, with settings at defaults.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that this bug either hasn't affected me, or not enough that I've noticed it. You might take the suggestions above and check your settings. Maybe Cryptic snuck in a "heal your enemies just for fun" setting while we weren't looking :)

edited March 2021
    What they need to do is give us a heal/defensive target that works independently of the normal target.

Yea I notice it very frequently with ENG/SCI Teams I/II/III that often the HEAL never applies to me, even when I click on a blank space to deselect any active enemy target. I've checked all settings, even reset them too. Sometimes it's just really really bad. Not that I'd want to HEAL an enemy, whose trying to blow me out of the sky. But for year's I've hit ENG or SCI Teams and often never seen nothing happen, finally I just had to say something. I admit sometimes it works fine, but often it does not.
    This is part and parcel of the general problem of abilities going on cooldown but not actually activating. You hit TS3 and it starts the cooldown but your spread never actually happens. Old, old problem that has never been addressed, because Cryptic CBA.

Yea I mean as I've said I even deselect the active enemy target, as I had heal shields for an Endeavor one day 1-2 weeks ago.

50-75% of the time I never saw it increase my shield healing, despite having hit Science Team II like 20-30x that it hadn't considered or counted any of the shield healing. I also had Reverse Shield Polarity on in Lt Cmdr slot, and not one time did any of that count as shield healing either at least for the Endeavor.

I've also noticed this considerable times over the years with ENG or SCI Teams, I hit Heal yet it goes on cooldown and never really see any Healing done, almost as often as I (sometimes) see it actually apply.
    0zxlclk.png
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    The also need to buff hull and shield healing abilities in general. As it stands they tend to be fairly anemic, shield healing especially.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    [...]

Yea I mean as I've said I even deselect the active enemy target, as I had heal shields for an Endeavor one day 1-2 weeks ago.

50-75% of the time I never saw it increase my shield healing, despite having hit Science Team II like 20-30x that it hadn't considered or counted any of the shield healing. I also had Reverse Shield Polarity on in Lt Cmdr slot and not one time did any of that count as shield healing either.

OK, now Endeavors I have seen do that, not just healing ones but sometimes kill Endeavors too. Kill Endeavors not registering was really fun when the Kill Dreadnoughts Endeavor was new with higher numbers and less folk knowledge of where to get them, with me being the only one to shoot a dreadnought to death and it still not counting... I needed 18... No workaround that I've found, sometimes it works fine, sometimes a fraction counts, sometimes nada. I may have run into the healing not counting issue the other day and healing when there was a universal Endeavor for healing allies, went into Japori like usual to heal up the Romulan NPCs which used to count, but nothing registered to the Endeavor even though the percent health did go up, so I figured that was just nerfed but it could've just been bugged instead. Previous non-universal heal allies few more days back, casts like Sci Team counted, but AoE like the Lukari console didn't.
    edited March 2021
    As for the comment @tom61sto made: I also was closely watching if my Shields were seeing a boost in healing, and they were not.
    The also need to buff hull and shield healing abilities in general. As it stands they tend to be fairly anemic, shield healing especially.

I'd also likely agree with that as well! This needs some reconsideration! Not only ensuring the healing is actually being applied far more consistently, as some have recognized with several abilities not triggering despite going on cooldown...

Example:
    Not one of my Characters, has any less than Improved Hull Restoration, and with Engineering Team II it does but +7,951 or only slightly more with the full EPIC Sol Defense Set that boost Hull Restoration +42.5 yet, that will only increases it to +9,137.3 Healing in Total. So that's not even 10% when sometimes you're getting blasted quite hard. I mean the other comment I thought was very fair about Shield Healing too!

Yet most Ships have 85-125k Hitpoints and that's not the extreme but marginal side. So your one of the lucky few if you even get 10% Hull Healing for your Hull. I also agree Shields likely need a boost as well for sure.

I mean surprized they have Endeavors to provide Max Hull (Space) or Max Shields (Space) by up to 20% each, and yet there isn't anything to increase Hull or Shield Healing by +40 either. They need to give this some <3
    0zxlclk.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    For the location of the setting allowing that:
    20210331233336_1.png?raw=1
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    edited March 2021
    Well I do have Assist Target on Attack, and like I say often I don't see the Heals for ENG/SCI Teams (many) of the times.

I've also deselected by clicking on blank space to clear target enemy, and often miss the heals that should be applied to myself. Like it's triggering the ability but not doing what it supposed to, as @chastity1337 wrote that I've also seen with Torpedo Spread I/II/III as well for a long time.
    0zxlclk.png
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Well I do have Assist Target on Attack, and like I say often I don't see the Heals for ENG/SCI Teams (many) of the times.

I've also deselected by clicking on blank space to clear target enemy, and often miss the heals that should be applied to myself. Like it's triggering the ability but not doing what it supposed to, as @chastity1337 wrote that I've also seen with Torpedo Spread I/II/III as well for a long time.

Thanks for the shout-out, and thank you for confirming my observations, (not that I had any doubt; this has been mentioned many, many times over the years).

The frustrating part is that these bugs have existed for years, and Cryptic has shown zero interest in doing anything about them.

So now we wait for the guy with the name from the wrong IP (Homeworld) to rush in here and do his white knight thing. 3...2...1...
This discussion has been closed.