test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celebrate First Contact Day!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,672 Community Manager
Celebrate First Contact Day starting April 1st, with three ways to participate! Complete the event to unlock the Martian Mining Laser from #StarTrekPicard!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11485443

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,900 Arc User
    “Launch Toy Rocket” Social Device (Account Unlock)
    Holo-Emitter – Phoenix Shuttle (Account Unlock)
    These two items did not unlock for the account last year -- has it been fixed for this year?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    These two items did not unlock for the account last year -- has it been fixed for this year?

Was going to ask this very same question.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    IIRC I have toons that don't have Seven's dual rifles.. I wonder if they will be a mission reward?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    So yet again one stops one begins no rest between events :( how dissapointing.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    IIRC I have toons that don't have Seven's dual rifles.. I wonder if they will be a mission reward?
    The Measure of Morality part 1.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

I would also like to know this.. we were told last year that it would be account wide.. it didn’t work, was reported and nothing else was said on Cryptic’s side.. has it actually been fixed? or is it going to be just like last year where only the character that claims the reward has the rocket?

Also, disappointing to see that this won’t count toward Event III for the Lobi/Promo/C-Store ships.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Oh yay synthwave TFO, said noone ever.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    YAY Synthwave TFO!!!! Its that time of the year again kick back with some time gate and press F to make the blood start pumping all that excitement and good stuff. I mean at the very least they could make it where being near these ships for a few seconds could replace the need to having to press F. I mean there is no shortage of pressing F content in this game. I wanna press X next.

Reminds me of how Starbase 24 was the closest thing to a battlezone to have ever seen in this game.
  • terramaximusterramaximus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Frankly my dears, i am tired of the useles grind , with even more usseles rewards. really another tfo? why dont you put your devs to work, on new story lines for each factions? when you grind same episodes on every faction, becomes mind numbing, and pushes players away. stop runing stupid things, and start doing something good for the game. legacy of romulus, with its few ep, on launch are a good idea , to were to look
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »

Was going to ask this very same question.

Same. I asked this multiple ways last year and even opened a ticket on it. As far as I can tell, Cryptic never had a response to the issue.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Cryptic devs showing the new shiny behind a daily grind & the players just coming back from their Nth grind in a row:
    20201021044159_1.png?raw=1
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    @ambassadorkael#6946

I know you don't prefer to post that often.. that's fine.. but please can you check on this?

These were not account unlocked last year despite the fact that they were listed as such. Can you please find out if this has been fixed? It would be most appreicated.

Thank you for your time.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Oh yay synthwave TFO, said noone ever.

There are some among us that like to claim that TFOs like Synthwave are great because they include mechanics to rival any MMO boss fight. Just like the copy-paste job Peril Over Pavo has the challenging mechanic of split the team into three groups before vaping everything in sight.

Seriously though, this TFO is a joke. We just had it not long ago on Console, and I am not ashamed to admit that I AFK'ed the TRIBBLE out of that event grind.
    So, looks like we’re not going to get any word from Cryptic on rather the event reward is fixed so I’ll just assume it’s still broken and no one cares.

Very frustrating.
    So, looks like we’re not going to get any word from Cryptic on rather the event reward is fixed so I’ll just assume it’s still broken and no one cares.

Very frustrating.

Yeah. The complete silence on the issue last year and now is, for me, worse than if they'd just come out and say it still won't work as advertised. At least that way people know to claim it only on the character where they want it.

I mean, any player inclined to be driven off by problems that can't be fixed would have long since packed their bags anyway. :p
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »

Very frustrating.

Yeah. The complete silence on the issue last year and now is, for me, worse than if they'd just come out and say it still won't work as advertised. At least that way people know to claim it only on the character where they want it.

I mean, any player inclined to be driven off by problems that can't be fixed would have long since packed their bags anyway. :p

Yeah pretty much my friends list for the most part is a graveyard of people that packed their bags as of Season 6 and DR. However the current STO team is much better now than the ones in the past. They just need to do more of what they did with Hell with Honor and the part of Best Served Cold to the point where certain things do not require you to sit in one place all the time to interact or pressing F every 2 seconds.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    My mind-set is Cryptic wouldn't had mentioned the account-unlocks again if they didn't at least think it was fixed.

I say that believing Cryptic doesn't place enough integrity into honest communication though so perhaps Cryptic is hoping like many of us that it is fixed & actually aren't sure so it is a wait, hope, & see approach.
    My mind-set is Cryptic wouldn't had mentioned the account-unlocks again if they didn't at least think it was fixed.

I admire your optimism and wish I could share in it. :wink:

I admire your optimism and wish I could share in it. :wink:

Hehe I stated that knowing very well I could be incorrect. :-)
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Just ran the First Contact day mission (build a rocket) and at the end I got the First Contact Day reward box, but there was no option for any badges in it. In the patch notes for today it very clearly states
    Opening this box will grant players the opportunity to choose between 17 never-before-released Comm Badges as account-wide unlocks.

So, either the box is bugged and the new badges weren't added or the patch notes are simply a copy/paste fail from last year's notes. Care to guess which one I'm leaning towards?

And with the likely scenario that the badge notes are a copy/paste fail, I hold out next to ZERO hope now that the Shuttle Holo and toy rocket are going to be account unlocks this year either.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    edited April 2021
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Just ran the First Contact day mission (build a rocket) and at the end I got the First Contact Day reward box, but there was no option for any badges in it. In the patch notes for today it very clearly states
    Opening this box will grant players the opportunity to choose between 17 never-before-released Comm Badges as account-wide unlocks.

So, either the box is bugged and the new badges weren't added or the patch notes are simply a copy/paste fail from last year's notes. Care to guess which one I'm leaning towards?

And with the likely scenario that the badge notes are a copy/paste fail, I hold out next to ZERO hope now that the Shuttle Holo and toy rocket are going to be account unlocks this year either.

Like many other inaccurate STO things, I'm just assuming this is a copy/paste problem. There were no new badges that I've seen.

So yeah, I have no hope the account bound status of rewards has been fixed. Or will even be addressed in any way.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,900 Arc User
    NO new badges in the box, but the account unlock on the toy rocket & shuttle-holo-doohickey is listed as a 'known issue' for consoles and will e fixed in a later update.
    This bodes well for the account unlock actually working properly on PC.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    NO new badges in the box, but the account unlock on the toy rocket & shuttle-holo-doohickey is listed as a 'known issue' for consoles and will e fixed in a later update.

They had a year to address it on PC, so I'll still avoid falling into the trap of hope. This is the first I've seen it acknowledged as an issue at all, though, so I'm happy to be wrong about it if I am. :)
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User

You can reclaim the rocket and holo right now without even doing the event.
    edited April 2021

You can reclaim the rocket and holo right now without even doing the event.

Wait. What? Really? Did that change in a recent patch?

Edit: Ok, yeah, I take it back. the reclaim is there now. I know it wasn't there a couple weeks ago when I was in to reclaim the flaming sword, so I guess it was patched and not in the notes.

Still strange that I missed any mention of it, but fixed is fixed. Credit for that even if it could have been better communicated, especially back when it was first a problem.
    Post edited by tagen on
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Thank you for bringing back Synth Wave. I missed this TFO quite a bit! No, this isn't an April Fool's Day thing.

It's a very unique instance with more to do than, "go here and blow things up... OMG so much DPS!" There's a bit of strategy to which ships to prioritize saving. And having to be able to control our ships to place them in the rescue areas, or stay the right distance to the ships we're beaming to... or be super pro and move your ship toward the next rescue area right as you finish transporting the last bit of crew to the ship! Then you also have to make sure the ships get to the base okay, or take the time to free more support ships to do the defending.

I know a lot of people complain and hate on Synth Wave, but I'm thankful the developers made it. It's so much more enjoyable than what the YouTubers claim are the only two important space TFOs.
    Thank you for bringing back Synth Wave. I missed this TFO quite a bit! No, this isn't an April Fool's Day thing.

It's a very unique instance with more to do than, "go here and blow things up... OMG so much DPS!" There's a bit of strategy to which ships to prioritize saving. And having to be able to control our ships to place them in the rescue areas, or stay the right distance to the ships we're beaming to... or be super pro and move your ship toward the next rescue area right as you finish transporting the last bit of crew to the ship! Then you also have to make sure the ships get to the base okay, or take the time to free more support ships to do the defending.

I know a lot of people complain and hate on Synth Wave, but I'm thankful the developers made it. It's so much more enjoyable than what the YouTubers claim are the only two important space TFOs.

While I don't have the ultimate fondness in actually doing it I do think visually it is quite nice.
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 835 Arc User
    My main complaint with Synthwave is actually the background music. Yeah, I get why they used what they did, but it gives me a splitting headache listening to it for any considerable amount of time. Only audio track in the game that does that to me. I know it's possible to swap the audio out on my local copy. Just haven't bothered as I don't have anything lined up to use in place of it.

The audio ruined the TFO for me, and it's hard to want to play it because of that.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1