test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celebrate First Contact Day

foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    Just hope Synth Wave has an Adv/Elite version as I don't find the basic version worth while to play as its just an AFK fest with nothing to do.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Ok, some variety to do, i like it... anyway, i need the dill for my fleet, so it's welcome.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Just hope Synth Wave has an Adv/Elite version as I don't find the basic version worth while to play as its just an AFK fest with nothing to do.

I was even wondering why it was included besides possibly just adding an option of something different.

Does that Synth Wave have a tie-in to First Contact Day? Did the Synths attacks Mars on First Contact Day? I've already forgotten & need to re-watch Picard I guess.

Also, did I read it correctly, is there a new ground option too including Seven of Nine?

Didn't Cryptic have glitches with those 17 Comm badges & the unlocks, at least for a bit? Reminds me about Q's Winter Wonderland's newest & disappeared manuals & modules.

I don't think the announcement said specifically but I really hope the Martian Mining Laser unlocks for the account.

I always find this event a bit more laid-back & fun.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Also, did I read it correctly, is there a new ground option too including Seven of Nine?
    Not new. Was in last year. The TFO takes place during the events of the movie First Contact. We actually make sure that the Enterprise-E succedes in her mission to preserve the timeline. Also... if we slip by the bar in that TFO we can hear Riker, Troi, and Cochrane via audio clips from the movie.
    I don't think the announcement said specifically but I really hope the Martian Mining Laser unlocks for the account.
    They moved away from Character Unlocks for event rewards long ago. Its account unlock.

db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Meh. This year's reward doesn't even tie in with First Contact at all. I keep hoping for a Dixon Hill costume.
    edited March 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Not new. Was in last year. The TFO takes place during the events of the movie First Contact. We actually make sure that the Enterprise-E succedes in her mission to preserve the timeline. Also... if we slip by the bar in that TFO we can hear Riker, Troi, and Cochrane via audio clips from the movie.
    They moved away from Character Unlocks for event rewards long ago. Its account unlock.

Jiminy crickets I have no recollection of that TFO then last year lol looking forward to the movie audio clips but nothing beats the April 1st Artisanal Sonification System.

I figured the Martian Mining Laser would be account-unlock but get a bit worried when it's not included in the verbiage. Thanks for the clarification though.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    This should be followed by a Shuttle Weekend event so we can have fleets of holo Phoenix Shuttles saving the day :)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    Does that Synth Wave have a tie-in to First Contact Day? Did the Synths attacks Mars on First Contact Day? I've already forgotten & need to re-watch Picard I guess.

Yes, the attack occurred on April 5th.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Oh no...another copy paste job and not even good shinies.
    I guess there is always dilithium. The synth wave is not my cup of tea but might endure it for the dilithium.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I wonder if they'll actually make the shuttle holo and the toy rocket account unlocks this year. I know it says they will be in the blog, but it said the same thing last year too and they weren't account unlocks. Guess time will tell.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll actually make the shuttle holo and the toy rocket account unlocks this year. I know it says they will be in the blog, but it said the same thing last year too and they weren't account unlocks. Guess time will tell.

You can always cycle through a different alt each day, though that doesn't help for future alts.

Ah okay, well that makes more sense now to me. Thanks for the detail there, shadowfang20.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User

In 2385 to be precise By Oh of the Zhat Vash becauise of the Holiday more were celebrating than being on Mars
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    is this a part of the meta event for the free ships?
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I can't say I am excited about this event. Frankly, I am tired of all of these singular ground weapons that don't tie into a set. We have soooo many of these ground weapons now, what we could use are some interesting ground sets.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    tigeraries wrote: »
    is this a part of the meta event for the free ships?

Don't think so.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    rattler2 wrote: »

If I remember correctly, I thought the Ground based mission to help the Enterprise-E was actually a Ground Patrol?
    0zxlclk.png
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    What are the level requirements on Synth Wave and the ground Patrol with 7 of 9? Phoenix Rocket Launch competition should hopefully still be 10 and Alliance chosen, but I'm not sure how much XP it gives.

I've been lazy and my KDF recruit is still only 40, so I might do the Event for leveling, as not much interest in the ground Fire pistol.
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, I thought the Ground based mission to help the Enterprise-E was actually a Ground Patrol?

It was a ground patrol, not a TFO, yea.
    Am excited to see it come back, I enjoyed that one.
    eazzie wrote: »

In 2385 to be precise By Oh of the Zhat Vash becauise of the Holiday more were celebrating than being on Mars

Dang I gotta re-watch that Picard series, I apparently missed many details.
    kurtron wrote: »

Oh nice an actual Ground Patrol. Since I have no recollection of it last year maybe I didn't even try it out lol that sounds better, to me, that memory getting faulty lol
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User

The Short Trek before Picard series came out is where a fair bit of the info is from.
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Another non-set lolground weapon I'll probably never use. Would rather have the engine or console I missed from past first contact day events.
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    What are the level requirements on Synth Wave and the ground Patrol with 7 of 9? Phoenix Rocket Launch competition should hopefully still be 10 and Alliance chosen, but I'm not sure how much XP it gives.

I've been lazy and my KDF recruit is still only 40, so I might do the Event for leveling, as not much interest in the ground Fire pistol.

Wiki says 10+ which is likely based on last year. (Note for gun users doing the ground patrol, watch your back.)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Meh. This year's reward doesn't even tie in with First Contact at all. I keep hoping for a Dixon Hill costume.
    Exactly, I think this will be the first First Contact day that I will actually skip for the reason.

tom61sto wrote: »

The Short Trek before Picard series came out is where a fair bit of the info is from.
    kurtron wrote: »

Oh nice an actual Ground Patrol. Since I have no recollection of it last year maybe I didn't even try it out lol that sounds better, to me, that memory getting faulty lol

It involves borg ground enemies. That's a turn-off for some players. In either case, I'll stick to launching rockets. Sure, it's buggy, but it's quick.

Thanks for the info you two
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It was the Short Trek 'Children of Mars'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    deleroux wrote: »
    Another non-set lolground weapon I'll probably never use. Would rather have the engine or console I missed from past first contact day events.

Not really sure what to think of the mining laser, it's fire damage which is useful against most foes.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    I recently found out that I've been doing first contact day wrong all these years, turns out you can build ship models and hunt the Borg in Bozeman, this year I'm not spending the whole day walking around starfleet academy waiting for something to happen.
This discussion has been closed.