test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

exchanging dill for zen

habs124habs124 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
i was poking around online and found this post...not sure what to say or think.
im not sure if saying the op is against the tos here or not.
but his name there doesnt mean its his name here...
anyways here is a copy paste of his post.what do you'all think of it?

Goon Tube AssOs
14 hours ago
So...:)))), I feel bad, but someone made a huge mistake in the dil exchange: I bought Zen for 25 dil each.

So...30,500 zen later...how do I spend it?

2 main toons science-tack
35 zen store ships T5-6
No lobi items, 22 lobi
13 farm toons
7 full tech upgrades
25000 refined dil

Who ever made this transaction mistake on Xbox, been there lost 2k zen myself. Players do this when not tired, it’s easy to make this mistake. Sorry and thanks too whoever

MC Stu

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Is this even possible on PC since I cannot remember the last time dilithium dipped down to even 475 out of 500.

The console(s) exchange rate &/or process must be very different.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,007 Community Moderator
    The minimum you can go on the DL Exchange (On PC) is 25/1, and the max is 500/1.

It is a common practice for people to post Dilithium for 25/1 to shuffle it around the account to where its needed. Post Dilithium for 25/1, switch characters, cancel offer and claim DL. Heard there was talk about making a way to transfer Dilithium around without using the Exchange, so even the Devs are aware of this practice.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    On PC, it automatically sells for the highest price possible

I just tried to sell 1 zen for 25 dil, but it sold for 488
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    On PC, it automatically sells for the highest price possible

I just tried to sell 1 zen for 25 dil, but it sold for 488

Yup. It's been that way for a good few years.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    Don't think there is a way to give it back that is player initiated... Might be possible to do it via support, maybe?
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The minimum you can go on the DL Exchange (On PC) is 25/1, and the max is 500/1.

It is a common practice for people to post Dilithium for 25/1 to shuffle it around the account to where its needed. Post Dilithium for 25/1, switch characters, cancel offer and claim DL. Heard there was talk about making a way to transfer Dilithium around without using the Exchange, so even the Devs are aware of this practice.

Your mention scares the "dilithium" out of me that Cryptic will muddle around with this making it where players can no longer transfer dilithium between our characters or make it costly to do so.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,007 Community Moderator
    Your mention scares the "dilithium" out of me that Cryptic will muddle around with this making it where players can no longer transfer dilithium between our characters or make it costly to do so.

They already know about it. There was talk on one of the livestreams, I think it was before the Pandemic, that they were looking into ways to add a Dilithium Transfer system to make it easier for players to shuffle DL around the account. I could try asking Kael if the Devs still have that Account Bank Dilithium idea still on the board, but as we all know, priorities can sometimes shift around, pushing things to the back burner.
    If the point is to move your dilithium around and not to sell, posting your dil at max (500) ensures it doesn't accidentally sell before you cancel it -- or at least much less likely. Then you can just pull it back out of the dilex on whichever character needs it. I don't think you need to switch characters before canceling either, because it gets returned to the dilex currency pool and not directly back to the character who posted it, and the dilex currency pool is account wide. At least I think that's what I've seen when I've canceled posts.

With the Exchange flirting with close to 500/1, 25/1 is safer if you don't want to accidentially buy Zen. Also... the Currency Pool is viable... if you're only transferring between two characters. More than that, and it will post whats in the pool before any on another character.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

They already know about it. There was talk on one of the livestreams, I think it was before the Pandemic, that they were looking into ways to add a Dilithium Transfer system to make it easier for players to shuffle DL around the account. I could try asking Kael if the Devs still have that Account Bank Dilithium idea still on the board, but as we all know, priorities can sometimes shift around, pushing things to the back burner.
    If the point is to move your dilithium around and not to sell, posting your dil at max (500) ensures it doesn't accidentally sell before you cancel it -- or at least much less likely. Then you can just pull it back out of the dilex on whichever character needs it. I don't think you need to switch characters before canceling either, because it gets returned to the dilex currency pool and not directly back to the character who posted it, and the dilex currency pool is account wide. At least I think that's what I've seen when I've canceled posts.

With the Exchange flirting with close to 500/1, 25/1 is safer if you don't want to accidentially buy Zen. Also... the Currency Pool is viable... if you're only transferring between two characters. More than that, and it will post whats in the pool before any on another character.

I'd figure, well nowadays hope, at least a couple at Cryptic knew/know about it. I say eliminate the whole back-door Dilithium Exchange method out of the transferring process. Place another input-tab below the Account Shared Energy Credits slot & make it for the account's dilithium. That way it's at least still behind a marginal paywall (Account Shared Slot(s)) & it's, subjectively, easier to use for the account since less clicking involved.

This discussion has been closed.