test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is something up with PC server?

westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 8,479 Arc User
have been trying to log on for the better part of the last hour... launcher is slower than normal, takes minutes for character select screen to fill in, and then I either get disconnected or frozen on loading screen....
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I've been noticing it's been acting wonky too for almost a week but not many connectivity issues, more sluggish than anything.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    the issues could also be regional as quite frankly I've not noticed any issues recently, no DCs and very little if any rubberbanding and what I've noticed could just as well be due to me running a web browser in the background.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    No issues here.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I have not noticed any more disconnect than the usual map change ones, and they don't seem to be more frequent. On the other hand, I had a screen freeze for a second or so a few times during TFOs and other weird (mostly non-video) lags such as T5 reputation rewards not appearing until a map change and stuff like that.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    No issues today or that I can recall recently.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    yeah I wasn't talking about things being slow in game... I was talking about not even being able to get in at all. The character select screen was taking 3-5 minutes to populate and unlock the play button, then the following loading screen would either freeze, time out, or disconnect, in the two latter cases kicking back to password.

I pounded my head against that for 90 minutes before I ran out of time and had to leave the house (due to an appointment). Trying again now.

And this is a complete night-and-day difference even from yesterday. (And I'm in Southern California, so if this is a regional thing I'd think a lot of other people would be affected...)

Well if it was at Cryptic's end then there would be a lot more effected then if it was regional, since by regional I meant the connection between you and Cryptic's servers. The fact that others aren't having issues very much tells us that the problem isn't in Cryptic's servers but somewhere between them and you.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I wonder if it has anything to do with the server or perhaps that Arc launcher, it has miss behaved in the past too.
This discussion has been closed.