test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Zhat Vash Pistol & Experimental Ship Upgrade?

mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
When you log in after starting the game, there’s a message in the block to the left that says “Free Zhat Vash Pistol!” Clicking on it brings up a pop-up window that says, “Get a free Verdant Zhat Vash Pistol and an Experimental Ship Upgrade in the store starting today!” This message has been up there for about a week. I’ve looked in all sections of the C-Store, the Dilithium Store, the Event Store and the GPL Exchange. Now, I did find the pistol in the Lobi Store, but it costs 50 Lobi Crystals. Not exactly free. Can’t find the Upgrade credit anywhere. Any thoughts?

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,999 Arc User
    Last week, we discovered that these pistols are to be released today & this was confirmed by Ambassador Kael on these very forums.
    So, we should see them at some point today in the Xbox & PlayStation stores - probably around 6pm...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Ah! Very cool - thank you for the update.
  • behrtekkbehrtekk Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    OK.. so WHERE do we go to claim?
    They appeared in the PlayStation store at 6pm GMT.
    After claiming them there, they appeared in the ingame Store under the Promotions tab.
    Shame this is a once-per-account unlock -- obviously to avoid gaining multiple T6-X tokens.
    Still, it would be nice to be able to reclaim the weapon on other characters. The same with previous giveaways.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Still not in Xbox store as of 8pm EST.
  • knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    behrtekk wrote: »
    OK.. so WHERE do we go to claim?

Normally you need to go to the Xbox/Playstation store for the game and check the addons for the game then claim it there, before starting the game and then opening the zen store and go to the promotions tab to claim the item in game. From what I've seen the weapon is available for the Playstation but hasn't turned up yet for Xbox, though I haven't logged in myself yet to check.

• habs124habs124 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    its not there...before someone posts a reply saying how its done in the past...
    its not there.
    its free,but to have me look on the 6th,poke around and find out its on the 16th.
    then poke around on the 16th...
    oh ok its 6 pm gmt...well its not there at 6 pm gmt...
    ok i know its covid,i get it .things are hard to get done.
    how hard is it to put out a tweet saying sorry for the delay our bad,stop looking?
    because now im annoyed,ill have fleet members sending me tells asking if i knowe where it is...
    so now it went from a nice gesture with new content.to a pain in my side i dont need atm.
    at least say whats up? u made a mistake ,just say u wait.its better than leaving people hanging for two weeks ...
    Nope it still isn't there.
  • bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    i've been checking on and off for 2 weeks now since it was released. Now I have been checking multiple times a day since they updated the release date to the 16th. i know these things are limited time so I want to make sure I get in on it. But I agree with habs...it's getting annoying now. They've done this stuff before...A LOT. Why does it always seem to be a problem with the dates/times/communication?

Is there anyone out there with an Xbox that has this in the store? I'm on a series x and I am also part of the xbox insider program Omega. Wouldnt think this would have anything to do with it but you never know. Everything else works fine in the store.
    Has Cryptic said anything about this on Twitter or FB or Reddit? I don't use those platforms, so I can't check.
    Aye, they said stuff right here on the forum:
    Xbox Captains! We apologize that your free pistol and token have not gone live yet. It's apparently hit a bit of a snag in the store, but our representatives assure us it'll be in your hands soon.
    And just because you don't use Facebook, Twitter or Reddit, doesn't mean you can't browse the sites.
    Aye, they said stuff right here on the forum:
    Xbox Captains! We apologize that your free pistol and token have not gone live yet. It's apparently hit a bit of a snag in the store, but our representatives assure us it'll be in your hands soon.
    And just because you don't use Facebook, Twitter or Reddit, doesn't mean you can't browse the sites.

First of all, Kael didn't post on the forums until hours after my post that you quoted.

Second, I have not desire to check other sites, which is why I asked if others had heard anything on those sites. I was not asking anyone to check for me.
    edited March 2021
    To be fair, this is the site they always tell us to go to report these kinds of problems. Is it too unreasonable for users to expect the developers post their updates here as well?

And yes, the pistol and upgrade credit still aren’t there yet.
  • proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    The Zhat Vash Pistol and the Experimental Upgrade are now in the Xbox Store.
    Post edited by proteus#8097 on
    edited March 2021
    It is? I am not seeing it. I go to STO and select "See in Microsoft store". Once in the store I go down to add-ons, but I don't see it there.

I found them. Unlike other promotions, this one is not listed as an add-on. So to find it, I had to do a general search in the Microsoft store for "House Reborn".
  • proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    Maybe it's finicky with the way you search for it.

I always use the general search facility for the game I'm after (in this case Star Trek Online) and then go to 'add-ons' for this kind of thing. It was there along with the other two freebie verdant packs and the usual zen bundles.

Earlier some people were tweeting that they couldn't find it until they searched specifically for 'House Reborn' or 'Verdant' though.
    Yep, had to do a search for "Verdant" before I found it.
    edited March 2021
    Wow... Never even occurred to me to get it from the MS Store. I’ve always gotten promotional stuff like that directly from the Promotions tab in the C-Store. I grabbed the free Ba’ul weapons too that I never knew were there either! :D

Confirmed that it can be procured in that way. Thanks very much for figuring that out - much appreciated! :)