test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game will not launch

Hello all, got a new laptop and encountering issues getting the game to start. Here is what happens.

Start the ARC launcher, select library, select STO. STO launcher displays, click engage (no patches...ready to play). Screen turns black like the game is going to run get the spinning blue circle. I waited 4 minutes before I clicked on the screen. The screen turns white, accompanied by a pop up box saying "game client.exe not responding". I select the close program option which returns me to the STO launch screen. This time in the lower left corner of the STO launch window, instead of a patch lady or ready to play, the message "unable to start the game client: client quit unexpectedly".

I turned off my anti virus and get the same results. I have force verified the files 3 times and still have the problem.

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    there is currently a maintenance. on the louncher server status if green try normal or options -- force verify
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    We will be performing shard maintenance on March 10 from 5-10:30 AM Pacific (13:00-18:30 UTC). Please check the forums.
    eazzie wrote: »
    We will be performing shard maintenance on March 10 from 5-10:30 AM Pacific (13:00-18:30 UTC). Please check the forums.

I select the close program option which returns me to the STO launch screen. This time in the lower left corner of the STO launch window, instead of a patch lady or ready to play, the message "unable to start the game client: client quit unexpectedly".

Meaning that the aacount server is offline undergoing maintenance

• eddiechipeddiechip Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have tried at several different times, when the server is green. No luck.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Can you try to run the game with Task Manager working? It could be possible that the game is testing your hardware before launching. I had that take even 30 mins on my previous computer. Task Manager would show you if the game is frozen and doing nothing, or hard at work.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Update your display drivers! I had this issue a couple of months ago and had to roll them back until a newer driver came out. Make sure you restart after updating.
  • eddiechipeddiechip Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    When I launch with task manager up, STO game client and Cryptic Game Launcher both have "not responding" as their status.
    edited March 2021
    Make sure on demand patching is OFF (option can be found on launcher options) Force verify and then try again. If still no luck try launching in safe mode (again found in the launcher options) but this will reset all your settings Screen graphics etc. If still you get no luck then a fresh install may be in order. You could also try launching from the install file bypassing the arc launcher altogether. If using win10 go to Program files (x86) locate Star Trek_en double click on it then locate the app file Star Trek Online. You will need to manually input your details though User name Password.
  • asriellaasriella Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem, i used to play year ago, went to play again and black screen spinning icon and hangs, tried the verify and safe mode nothing, even DL'd netherwinter nights and played that fine, just seems to affect STO.