test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do TAC use Tactical EMP Bombardment IV Mk XII? Great for Borg!

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
It's amazing against Borgies, so my Tactical toons love it, it also is effective against (many augmented) Voth; as well as those enhanced with Cybernetics or Electronics.

Just wondering why so I rarely see most have it available or ready to slot, what your experience with it like?
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I much prefer Polaron Bombardment or Mass Gravimetric Detonation, since those work on everyone. Though, I mostly do ground for missions, so I'm not often fighting Borg or Voth. Training manual version for BOffs does sound interesting, though.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yea I have those too, but EMP Bombardment I find more effective against Borg, or those with electronics.

But a bit situational, as you say.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    I have a romulan tactical character kinda based around artillery combat on the ground, she uses emp bombardment, polaron bombardment, and a couple others i can't recall the names of. Its fun at least to mass saturate an area with explosions =p
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Yes, EMP Bombardment is totally OP against the Borg. Darn near broke lol.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    I'll have to try it, if I can find a copy. I ground out I think it's the delta ground set the one with the EMP burst set power, and it didn't do squat against the Borg which i found annoying. not that my tacs need any help on defera. approach the group trying to assimilate the deferi, plasma grenade, long burst from the Thompson, if necessary, the cryonic micro torpedo if required. Rinse and repeat on the next group
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    I've seen people use it for the Defera Hards (teamed) as a single use can take out a full group of Borg.

Other than that it's just a "fun" kit module that's maybe somewhat situational for every day use.
This discussion has been closed.