test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keeping the Dranuur Beach Assault Shield Inhibitors Alive

millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
In my months of playing the game, and doing the Dranuur Beach Assault during its rotation as the Universal Endeavor, I've never been in a group that can keep the six Transport Inhibitors "alive." Is there a way to "heal" them, or do we have to just spot the shuttles really quick and have enough long range damage to get rid of them before they hit the inhibitors? I tried using my Engineer character and Quick Fix, but that didn't do anything to restore any damage done to them.

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,981 Arc User
    I think it's a combination of what you suggested - both being able to heal the inhibitors and do enough damage to get rid of things before they become an issue.

If it was an actual Colony Invasion Simulation two essential kit modules for engineers would be Photonic Barrier Generator and Nanite Medical Generator used simultaneously and in a manner in which both fields overlap. Each engineer would be teamed with two tactical players and two science players.

Tac players are doing damage and team buffs and Sci players are doing AoE's and potential some powerful healing when needed.

Dranuur Beach Assault being a pug scenario without any way to create the dedicated teams seen when doing the real thing may be part of the reason it can be tough to succeed.
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    I think it's a combination of what you suggested - both being able to heal the inhibitors and do enough damage to get rid of things before they become an issue.

If it was an actual Colony Invasion Simulation two essential kit modules for engineers would be Photonic Barrier Generator and Nanite Medical Generator used simultaneously and in a manner in which both fields overlap. Each engineer would be teamed with two tactical players and two science players.

Tac players are doing damage and team buffs and Sci players are doing AoE's and potential some powerful healing when needed.

Dranuur Beach Assault being a pug scenario without any way to create the dedicated teams seen when doing the real thing may be part of the reason it can be tough to succeed.

Thank you for the tips. I'll be getting those modules with the extra marks I've saved.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The key to keeping them alive is to get the aggro of the shuttles ASAP. This means knowing which direction they come from and when they are about to appear so that you can intercept them and get aggro before they start shooting at the thingies. Long range weapons or kit powers help greatly.
  • acker#7170 acker Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I use the Lukari reputation wrist apparatus in aoe heal mode for the 1st part. Offensive mode in the 2nd phase. Heal mode for the generator defense. Only thing i know that heals the consoles and generators in Dranuur beach assault. Wrist apparatus not recommended for colony sims because staying close to generator draws too much aoe dmg.