test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[BUGs] Lost Domion Missions: First in Conference at DS9, then Of Bajor, & others...

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
edited March 2021 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Seems many of the Lost Dominion missions have many voices being played twice. Starts when you first arrive at DS9 in the Conference Room in Second Wave, also in Of Bajor, and also Operation Gamma with two voices (different) voices playing at once.

Also Facility 4028, won't allow you to run down stairs, and at the bottom (lowest) level going up won't work at all without Hoping. I don't remember if it was my Discovery Klingon or my Romulan FED (Aligned) that had the problem though, yet the last note below I didn't see it on my Ferasan who ran and walked up just fine. When the problem showed up seems I could go up or down the first or last level of stairs, yet the middle middle levels worked fine as best I recall. Seems the steps that won't allow you to run down, also require you to HOP up.

4028 however had no duplicate voices as best I recall, where they were speaking over each other.

UPDATE: For some reason, the last mission Boldly They Rode in Lost Domion won't prompt, or HAIL while all did before when finished.
╘ Note: I noticed this several days ago, yet when I did this most recently on my Ferasan (see last note) it didn't seem to apply.

@ambassadorkael#6946
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• neoallerkaneoallerka Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I know with the duplicate lines they either replaced a character or redid a character's lines with a new actor, but didn't remove the old lines, so the game is basically somehow playing both sets. It's really obvious in these missions, but also shows up in a few others (I ran into some in Butterfly not too long ago). They also forgot to update the player dialogue options for Garak in the first mission, and you still refer to him as Rugan Skyl (also also it's a bit weird you talk like a Starfleet captain even if you're KDF and say things to S'taas like "Your empire").
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021
    Interesting and worthy points, thank you. I also thought they had someone different voicing several lines...
    0zxlclk.png
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    strathkin wrote: »

I don't think the Last Mission, Boldly they Rode where you walk in EV suit on exterior of DS9, is even available to allow you to get the Jem Hadar Shields to complete the Space SET. Hopefully once they finish redoing these we'll be able to again?

@ambassadorkael#6946

It's available.

edited March 2021
    Yea, I see that now it's available, it's just all the others prompted me with a HAIL when the earlier one finished. For some reason this didn't occur with Boldly They Rode, so I've updated the note above to reflect that.

My KDF Recruit or other newest KDF, or FED aligned Romulan was prompted or given a 'HAIL' for:
    • Second Wave
    • Of Bajor
    • Operation Gamma
    • Facility 4028

So now I'll just be careful to scan down to Commander Mesi Achebe, as she won't HAIL you want to start the last mission. I'm just glad I'll still be able to complete the SET. :)

Thanks!
    0zxlclk.png
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    I believe her hail would trigger if you were at DS9, like she is.
    Thing is, at the end of Facility 4028, when you like to hand in the mission just after it ends, you're nowhere near DS9.
    I'll be sure to test this theory when I next get the chance.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    I believe her hail would trigger if you were at DS9, like she is.
    Thing is, at the end of Facility 4028, when you like to hand in the mission just after it ends, you're nowhere near DS9.
    I'll be sure to test this theory when I next get the chance.

Going to DS9 doesn't trigger anything.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Going to DS9 doesn't trigger anything.
    Well, I was suggesting that when you finish "Facility 4028" that you go to DS9 and *then* turn in "Facility 4028" to see if that triggers her.
    I gues a replay won't work though, but you should be able to get the mission from the "Incoming Hails" or "Available" tab in the Journal.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    Yea, I think the biggest issue is AUDIO playing some files in Dominion twice at about the same time.

Hopefully they resolve this when the missions are eventually remastered.
    0zxlclk.png
    edited March 2021
    Well, I was suggesting that when you finish "Facility 4028" that you go to DS9 and *then* turn in "Facility 4028" to see if that triggers her.
    I guess a replay won't work though, but you should be able to get the mission from the "Incoming Hails" or "Available" tab in the Journal.

I just tested, replay does work as she does offer you "Boldly They Rode" right after you accept your rewards for "Facility 4028".
    strathkin wrote: »
    Also Facility 4028, won't allow you to run down stairs, and at the bottom (lowest) level going up won't work at all without Hoping. Seems I could go up some stairs on the middle levels though, but then again return to hoping to get up last flight of stairs. Seems the steps that won't allow you to run down, also require you to HOP up. 4028 however had no duplicate voices speaking over each other.

I'm wondering if perhaps the game didn't properly load the textures for you as I just replayed "Facility 4028" to see if Mesi Achebe offers you "Boldy They Rode" after you turn in the mission (she does). I didn't encounter any problems with the steps whatsoever.

edited March 2021
    For me it never did HAIL for Boldly They Rode, or prompt anything on their first run-thru when I did this twice in the last week.

Yet see the current state when I did it just now, at least as it was for my Ferasan. My Klingon Recruit, &/or Romulan (FED Aligned) previously never got either HAIL, or Prompt upon it's completion for Boldly They Rode like I just saw now. :smiley:

MRSWdjS.png

I've also noticed on my Ferasan, is he was able to RUN down all the stairs, which was perhaps different from my Discovery Klingon, or perhaps was my Romulan who couldn't earlier this week, and had to HOP, HOP, HOP, HOP like a bunny to get back up them; per the NOTE in the first of the thread.

So aside from 1 toon unable to run down, or even walk up the stairs, appears mostly to be duplicate VOICE audio in Several of the Lost Dominion ARC that REMAINS the CORE issue.

I've always greatly LOVED Boldly They Rode, it be nice to see most of it kept, yet adapted to the New DS9 with the big Space Walk. :)
    0zxlclk.png