test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Everything Old is New Again... or at least this player

tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
Hey all, I have not played in many years now... it since around the time Discovery hit the airwaves. Just re-dled the game and looking to play again. What are some of the biggest new features? Biggest changed things? Has and in what ways has Picard been integrated into the games story?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Welcome back!

You JUST missed out on a Klingon Recruitment event, but there's talk of a Temporal Recruit replay sometime in the future. No word yet on that. We're about a week into the first of a new event campaign with one potential reward being a lockbox or Promo ship of your choice (single character just like if you actually got one from a lockbox or promo box).

As for story... main thing from Picard that's been integrated has been the Picard version of Seven of Nine has made an appearance, so we have both versions in game. We also have a weapon that is dual tetryon rifles.
    The first three Klingon arcs have been revamped, Discovery style Klingons were added as a subspecies of Klingon... we got a Klingon centric story arc active right now... Klingons got a lot of attention this last year.

Several Discovery actors have reprised their roles. We even got Captain Lorca.

After you reach a certain level, Endeavors unlock, which can contribute to account wide stat bonuses. We got a universal one that everyone gets every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and then we have the daily personal ones that can be done on any character. Personal ones range from "Deal X amount of Y Damage type" to "Win X amount of GPL at Dabo".

I'm sure I'm missing a few things...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Welcome back!

You JUST missed out on a Klingon Recruitment event, but there's talk of a Temporal Recruit replay sometime in the future. No word yet on that. We're about a week into the first of a new event campaign with one potential reward being a lockbox or Promo ship of your choice (single character just like if you actually got one from a lockbox or promo box).

As for story... main thing from Picard that's been integrated has been the Picard version of Seven of Nine has made an appearance, so we have both versions in game. We also have a weapon that is dual tetryon rifles.
    The first three Klingon arcs have been revamped, Discovery style Klingons were added as a subspecies of Klingon... we got a Klingon centric story arc active right now... Klingons got a lot of attention this last year.

Several Discovery actors have reprised their roles. We even got Captain Lorca.

After you reach a certain level, Endeavors unlock, which can contribute to account wide stat bonuses. We got a universal one that everyone gets every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and then we have the daily personal ones that can be done on any character. Personal ones range from "Deal X amount of Y Damage type" to "Win X amount of GPL at Dabo".

I'm sure I'm missing a few things...

To add on from here,

Assuming he means Discovery first airing, there's a lot more you missed.

- Several Trek characters came in between Season 14 and present, such as Geordi, Kira, Odo, Quark, Rom etc.
    - Gamma Quadrant came out
    - Playable Jem'hadar from level 60
    - Cardassian species for both Klingons and Federation
    - Cardassian Intel ships in the C-store along with Tier 5 Galor
    - Deep Space Nine remodeled to look closer to the show inside and outside
    - Romulans gained access to most of their allied faction's ships (to match Jem'hadar being able to fly all)
    - Reputation Tier 6, featuring stuff such as 1 fleet module and 1 captain retrain token per reputation per character (so you can get 13 of each now per character, bound to characters)
    - Scaling T6 starships (from the end of the tutorial, you can fly just about any ship and it'll scale accordingly as you level up, so no more switching starships when you reach the various milestones
    - Cross-faction flying for all ships that are not veteran exclusive (free if you reach level 65 with a Klingon, 2000 zen otherwise)

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    I'm also recently returned since leaving when STO's Disco seasons were about to start, just after the Gamma stuff ended. What I noticed as a big change was the Cross Faction flying resulted in all my characters getting a TON of Admiralty cards for my OTHER characters' ships - very nice!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    It is. KDF was in DESPERATE need of more science and shuttles, and if you happened to have had a lot of science ships and shuttles Fed side, KDF now has access to those admiralty cards.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Thanks for the comments and letting me know what's going on! After updating I popped in the game and realized my timeline was a bit off. I must have logged in around the time of Discovery coming to the game as I had a couple of discovery era characters that were still at the academy (IE: just made but never played). The Cardassians being a race in the game is cool.. I'm guessing there's no way for me to take my existing alien made Cardassian into an actual Cardassian, huh? The Discovery Klingons look cool but I'll wait before I make/play one. Just out of curiosity, is there any way to get Discovery Klingons as bridge officers? Saw they have a unique uniform that you can only get for your captain if they were made as one. Playing my Discovery Denobulan right now and enjoying it. I love that they got Tilly to lead you around... mostly because I love Mary Wiseman but the character is a fun and quirky addition. Curious to see how my character ends up in the present game time.

Bummer to hear about missing out on the Klingon recruitment event. I remember the TOS one they did.. and another one that I'm forgetting.. and making characters for it. Might be why I had made a Discovery character, I'm guessing they did one when they introduced it.

So just to be clear.. they has been no change to the Romulan storyline due to Picard?
  • Options
    Nope. No changes at all due to Picard.

There is no way to make an Alien gen Cardassian into an actual Cardassian. There is a Discovery Klingon BOff you can get in the C-Store, but it is an older one that comes with the House T'Kuvma outfit. Don't know if the House Kor is still available, but DSC Klingon characters should unlock House Mo'Kai outfit. Just be aware that the DSC Klingon isn't like DSC Fed. Its a subSPECIES, not a faction. So its still core KDF start as if you're from 2409.

And I guess you missed out on Mirror Tilly's appearance too.
  • Options
    Awesome. I'm guessing the DSC Klingons are ones that got pushed into the future along with the DSC captains? Just finished that part and get into the 2400s. Decided I'd follow the prompts and update the uniform, at least for when I go to meet Quinn but noticed something odd. Were the uniform color pallets updated? I'm curious because the uniform guides on the STO wiki aren't matching up anymore. I noticed it with the discovery uniform originally after my character got command of the ship but thought it a small fluke but now seeing it with the Odyssey uniforms not matching up right either.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    one picard theme was in the first contact eent, where the Picard Seven teams up with you to stop the borg in an event episode. also there is a TFO themed around the destruction of mars by the synths. a lot of KDF and fed episodes have been removed for revamps, many still available outside the main story arc
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    Awesome. I'm guessing the DSC Klingons are ones that got pushed into the future along with the DSC captains? Just finished that part and get into the 2400s. Decided I'd follow the prompts and update the uniform, at least for when I go to meet Quinn but noticed something odd. Were the uniform color pallets updated? I'm curious because the uniform guides on the STO wiki aren't matching up anymore. I noticed it with the discovery uniform originally after my character got command of the ship but thought it a small fluke but now seeing it with the Odyssey uniforms not matching up right either.

Depending on the uniform I think. If you're trying to use the Wrath of Khan style I don't think they line up anymore, and haven't for years. Most of the older uniforms like the TNG, First Contact, and STO Sierra/Antares still do.
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

Depending on the uniform I think. If you're trying to use the Wrath of Khan style I don't think they line up anymore, and haven't for years. Most of the older uniforms like the TNG, First Contact, and STO Sierra/Antares still do.

Ok, thought I was going nuts because the colors were matching up with the guides anymore. I thought it might be just me, not seeing them right or my monitors settings were messed up. I didn't check every uniform, just a couple and was getting strange results.

Of course, this is bad for someone like me. I'm red/green colorblind, so if I want a screen accurate uniform I have to rely on the guides to get it. I can't just eyeball it. Something I remember seeing a few years back was someone suggesting adding in buttons that will auto-apply screen accurate color combos to the uniforms but I guess that never happened.
This discussion has been closed.