test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Torp Build Questions

garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
I am setting up a new sci character with a torp build, and I have two basic questions.

1. Does the Shield Penetration skill affect torpedos as well as energy weapons?
2. Is there an experimental weapon that can be fired from cloak using enhanced battle cloak?

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    1. Yes afaik.
    2. If any did it would likely be either A] a kinetic damage weapon, and/or B] one of the ones that does not drain weapon power, as they would be the closest analogs to torpedoes. The answer is probably none, though.

Here's your quick access to the wiki of experimental weapons https://sto.gamepedia.com/Experimental_Weapon
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I wish there were more experimental weapons that weren't locked behind a huge paywall. I think if any of them has a chance to work with the enhanced battle cloak, it would be the Dual Warhead Launcher from the Miradorn.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure the Deimos experimental weapon is entirely kinetic as well.. Can't say I've tested it to know if it works with EBC though.
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the Deimos experimental weapon is entirely kinetic as well.. Can't say I've tested it to know if it works with EBC though.

I think the kinetic experimental weapons still count as energy weapons, similar to the KCB.
    The only one I know of that neither takes away weapon power when firing, nor scales in dmg with weapon subsystem power, is the Agonized Subatomic Disintegrator from the Mirror Crossfield and Glenn class ships.
    However, it can't be fired under cloak either. I don't think there is any that can be, but would very much like to know for sure.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »

I think the kinetic experimental weapons still count as energy weapons, similar to the KCB.
    The only one I know of that neither takes away weapon power when firing, nor scales in dmg with weapon subsystem power, is the Agonized Subatomic Disintegrator from the Mirror Crossfield and Glenn class ships.
    However, it can't be fired under cloak either. I don't think there is any that can be, but would very much like to know for sure.

Have you tried the Disintegrator with an EBC, say from the Temer class?
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 835 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    > @garaffe said:
    > Have you tried the Disintegrator with an EBC, say from the Temer class?

Give me a day and I can take a look and see. I can check that later tonight/tomorrow morning in a patrol with my fleet b'rel if no one has an answer by then.
    Post edited by captan2er0 on
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    depending on your build, the omega rep kinetic shearing and the 2 pc omega shield/impulse/deflector might be worth looking at because of the boost to torpedo, but you may want a full set geared toward pumping EPG
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine