test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ten Forward Weekly 2/24/21

13»

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Nah, "honor" in klingon context is the same as "honor" in human context. In both cases, "honor" creates an excuse for either plain primitive behaviour, or for attacking without actual provocation.
    Pretty much, or as Ezri stated
    EZRI: I think that the situation with Gowron is a symptom of a bigger problem. The Klingon Empire is dying. And I think it deserves to die.
    WORF: You are right. I do not like it.
    EZRI: Don't get me wrong, I'm very touched that you still consider me to be a member of the House of Martok, but I tend to look at the Empire with a little more scepticism than Curzon or Jadzia did. I see a society that is in deep denial about itself. We're talking about a warrior culture that prides itself on maintaining centuries old traditions of honour and integrity, but in reality it's willing to accept corruption at the highest levels.
    WORF: You are overstating your case.
    EZRI: Am I? Who was the last leader of the High Council that you respected? Has there even been one? And how many times have you had to cover up the crimes of Klingon leaders because you were told it was for the good of the Empire? I know this sounds harsh, but the truth is, you have been willing to accept a government that you know is corrupt. Gowron's just the latest example. Worf, you are the most honourable and decent man I've ever met, and if you're willing to tolerate men like Gowron, then what hope is there for the Empire?

That quoted conversation between Ezri & Worf is so powerful.
This discussion has been closed.