test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Name Change?

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,200 Arc User
So, I have a Klingon character I created some time ago. He was meant to be a TOS Klingon, but that option wasn't available at the time. I thought I'd recreate him as a proper Klingon (instead of an Alien, which he is right now), but I want to use the same name for the new character.

However, I can't delete the existing character, because he has several items I cannot replace, and cannot change over to another character (at present). This means I would need to rename him, so I can use the name on the new character.

So, I went to the character select screen, and clicked on Change Name. A window opens saying "Available" and there's a button at the bottom with the zen symbol that says "Free." So, I clicked it, expecting to be able to change his name, but clicking it seems to do nothing.

So, I loaded him in, and went to the zen store, thinking I might have to claim the free name change there before going back to the character select screen... but the name change doesn't seem to be available OR free...

So, which is it? Is there a name change available I'm unable to access for some reason, or is there no name change currently avaiable? Is it Free, as it says on the selection screen, or is it 350z as it says in the store?
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.