test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An Upgrade Weekend

foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483813

Still striving to get the greatest performance out of your equipment? This weekend will be the perfect time to apply Tech Upgrades to your gear, as we’re doubling the amount of Technology Points earned from each one applied!

From Thursday, February 11th at 8AM PST (17:00 CET) to Monday, February 15th at 10AM PST (19:00 CET), every Tech Upgrade used will apply twice as many Technology Points toward your next Upgrade! This in turn reduces the amount of Dilithium that must be spent to reach each Upgrade threshold, allowing Captains additional chances to attain both Mark and Rarity increases on their favored load outs.

Appreciated.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Quick, start crafting all your particles up into Omegas, if you hadn't been.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    kiralyn wrote: »

Don't stress about it though. All of this has happened before and will happen again.

Upgrade weekend will return soon enough, though this is nice timing for all the new Klingon Recruits gearing up.

• tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User

Yeah, as soon as I saw it, I started crafting all I could from materials I had.

(Related to this, are the crafting projects for omega still around after the event, or do the "special projects" end when the event does?)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Still I think this is a nice gesture, especially with the timing of the Recruit events. To help new players or character's level up.
    0zxlclk.png
    tagen wrote: »

Yeah, as soon as I saw it, I started crafting all I could from materials I had.

(Related to this, are the crafting projects for omega still around after the event, or do the "special projects" end when the event does?)

They're always around.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

I stopped particle gathering a day or two after Cryptic "fixed" the locations. I'd rather just use Phoenixes since easier even if not as good as Omegas.

strathkin wrote: »
    Still I think this is a nice gesture, especially with the timing of the Recruit events. To help new players or character's level up.

Agree & very much indeed.

Don't stress about it though. All of this has happened before and will happen again.

Upgrade weekend will return soon enough, though this is nice timing for all the new Klingon Recruits gearing up.

"All of this has happened before and will happen again."

Isn't that a Matrix quote?

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

It’s not unique to any one thing.. but it’s a predominant theme in Battlestar Galactica.
    Insert witty signature line here.

It’s not unique to any one thing.. but it’s a predominant theme in Battlestar Galactica.

That's right now I remember, thanks for the reminder! That brain-worm had me already scratching my cranium since it was familiar but I couldn't pin-point it.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

That's right now I remember, thanks for the reminder! That brain-worm had me already scratching my cranium since it was familiar but I couldn't pin-point it.

Happens to us all man! :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Those happen often after dil weekends so I had my fingers crossed. :)

The timing is good for the new recruit as I got most of the stuff together but sadly some items from the higher reputation tiers will have to wait for next time I guess.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Meh. My recruit has no rep gear yet (and some of what they need is T6 rep gear.) They do have handmedowns from older characters which are already leveled. Yes there are a few things that they can upgrade, but sadly I won't get a lot of use from this upgrade weekend.
    Meh. My recruit has no rep gear yet (and some of what they need is T6 rep gear.) They do have handmedowns from older characters which are already leveled. Yes there are a few things that they can upgrade, but sadly I won't get a lot of use from this upgrade weekend.

Valid point about a Klingon recruit situation.

I'm still going to try to utilize the opportunity for any items I'm sure about, brand new character or older characters alike.
    Eh, I'll craft some alternate Mk2 weapon sets for my recruit on my main, and apply doubled Phoenix's to them. I don't anticipate gearing out the recruit with much Super Rep Gear when he finally gets to 50-65, he's only an alt. /shrug
This discussion has been closed.