test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tau Dewa Patrol Allies are Tal Shiar?

I don't know where else to ask this question but here, but my question (after playing this game for about 2 years) is in regards to the allies you support in the Tau Dewa Patrols. My question: why are the Tau Dewa Patrol Romulan Allies flying the Tal Shiar banners instead of the Republic banners?

I would have thought that these patrols would have Republic warbirds (and armed with Plasma weaponry), but instead they display the Romulan Star Empire/Tal Shiar insignias and are armed with Disruptor weapons.

Will they be changing them to more appropriately reflect Republic standards?

Answers

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I don't know where else to ask this question but here, but my question (after playing this game for about 2 years) is in regards to the allies you support in the Tau Dewa Patrols. My question: why are the Tau Dewa Patrol Romulan Allies flying the Tal Shiar banners instead of the Republic banners?

I would have thought that these patrols would have Republic warbirds (and armed with Plasma weaponry), but instead they display the Romulan Star Empire/Tal Shiar insignias and are armed with Disruptor weapons.

It's likely that said patrol pre-dates the Romulan expansion and thus the Romulan Republic as a story element. That said it's highly unlikely to be changed any time soon as it's such minor element since by standard I assume the icon next to the ship, changing that isn't just an art thing but rather that icon is tied to the faction those ships belong to, thus to change it you would have to change the faction those NPCs belong to.

If the incorrect icon bothers you just consider them RSE/Tal Shiar units that are planning to defect but have not done so yet, thus being friendly to playable factions while still having the RSE icon.
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

It's likely that said patrol pre-dates the Romulan expansion and thus the Romulan Republic as a story element. That said it's highly unlikely to be changed any time soon as it's such minor element since by standard I assume the icon next to the ship, changing that isn't just an art thing but rather that icon is tied to the faction those ships belong to, thus to change it you would have to change the faction those NPCs belong to.

If the incorrect icon bothers you just consider them RSE/Tal Shiar units that are planning to defect but have not done so yet, thus being friendly to playable factions while still having the RSE icon.

Well, yeah, when I said "standard," I was indeed using military terminology. And it wasn't a thing that was "bothering" me, it's more of something that caught my eye just recently (since I didn't notice it until just within the past week).