test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Phoenix Prize Pack Event!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
We've having a special Phoenix Prize Pack event on all platforms for the next week - get a free pack every day, and grab Experimental Ship Upgrade Tokens from the Ultra Rare Tier!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483713

Comments

• Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    I always enjoy this one. But If I could make one suggestion, for future consideration. Allow the varying rarity levels to work both ways.

For example, one Very rare will give one Rare pack.

How about something like 8 rare packs, will make one Very Rare. Given the odds of getting a lower pack, this could be a boon, to sell more, as people will buy them up even more, to race to the big ultra rare super duper ship pack, or even for some consoles they may want from the lower ones.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    f9thretxc wrote: »
    I always enjoy this one. But If I could make one suggestion, for future consideration. Allow the varying rarity levels to work both ways.

For example, one Very rare will give one Rare pack.

How about something like 8 rare packs, will make one Very Rare. Given the odds of getting a lower pack, this could be a boon, to sell more, as people will buy them up even more, to race to the big ultra rare super duper ship pack, or even for some consoles they may want from the lower ones.

The current down grading is fine but what the system actually needs is actual rewards for people who have all the event ships with nothing to spend EPIC ones on. So increasing the value of the lower rarity devalues the packs overall where we already have a devalued exchange for dilithium in the worst rate right now.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    I agree maybe turning in an epic tokens for some lobi, or a ship token or something in addition to the existing ships.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    What would be nice about it is if possibly it had Legendary, Promo, and/or Lockbox ships under the epic section. Possibly some of them like a random one for the day and then at lower rarities something like the admiralty system the way it has the pass tokens where you can change the selection on some of them to something different. Basically something to add value but not give away the farm. On the character basis I could see how the options would still allow for value to be kept in the different ships and also bring back the value that has been lost from the packs that has dwindled over time. Especially being you can fly any ship on any character it will definitely bring demand in and the rate at which the epic ones drop I don't see any downside to them doing it like this.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The Phoenix's prize list is a bit stagnant & stale, Infinity lockbox is obesely bloated, & that's why for this event I come for the upgrades anything else is gravy.
  • Options
    culexofborgculexofborg Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Well you have to understand that Mudd's Market is the successor to the Phoenix pack but the Phoenix pack is VERY good at helping control the dil exchange which is exactly what it was designed for.. To either be a way of converting money to dil or removing dil that can otherwise be converted for money.

If it didn't serve that advantage it wouldn't be a thing anymore.