test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help the Boys and Girls Club of America!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
We're teaming up with Groupees and Steelseries for a charity drive! Purchase these two charity bundles, and 100% of proceeds will go to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483453

Comments

• sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Delete...wrong thread.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • rolorne#2425 rolorne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    We're teaming up with Groupees and Steelseries for a charity drive! Purchase these two charity bundles, and 100% of proceeds will go to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America!

This is a fantastic idea, but why isn't there a Tier 2 PC option on Groupees?

• steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    > @rolorne#2425 said:
    > This is a fantastic idea, but why isn't there a Tier 2 PC option on Groupees?

There was, but I guess they've "sold out" (there were 3000 available).
  • mekroigmekroig Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    You should give groupees/boys and girls club more tier 2 keys for PC.
  • thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Do I have to install the Arc Client in order to redeem my codes? That's what I gathered from the "how to redeem" page. I play STO through steam, will installing the client mess things up?
  • torrynwoodsrunnertorrynwoodsrunner Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    In this image:
    72b9a6a1865c056d56db9fb5289998a31611700924.jpg

What is the ship in the bottom center, and how do I get it? I've already purchased the T2 Bundle, despite already having the Buran and the Qoj (it's a good cause), but I'd really like to get my mitts on that center ship, which I don't recognize.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    In this image:
    72b9a6a1865c056d56db9fb5289998a31611700924.jpg

What is the ship in the bottom center, and how do I get it? I've already purchased the T2 Bundle, despite already having the Buran and the Qoj (it's a good cause), but I'd really like to get my mitts on that center ship, which I don't recognize.

It's the same ship as the bottom left from an aft angle. It's the: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Qoj_Command_Dreadnought_Cruiser
    thore187 wrote: »
    Do I have to install the Arc Client in order to redeem my codes? That's what I gathered from the "how to redeem" page. I play STO through steam, will installing the client mess things up?

You can also claim here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/sign/in?src=https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem

Forewarning, when I did mine from this charity-giveaway earlier today after inputting my codes I got an "OOPS!" page then almost freaked-out lol but logged-into my account checked the Promotions tab & my items were there awaiting to be claimed.
    This is a great cause. Thanks to Cryptic, the Boys & Girls Club, & Groupees.

The whole process worked rather smoothly for myself.

I'll admit I had a dream of being Lobi-rich when I first saw that "3000 Keys" lol.
  • torrynwoodsrunnertorrynwoodsrunner Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    It's the same ship as the bottom left from an aft angle. It's the: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Qoj_Command_Dreadnought_Cruiser

Ya know, as much time as I've spent lookin' at that ship's aft quarter, I should have recognized that. DERP!

Thanks!

• usng8rusng8r Member Posts: 5 Arc User

You can also claim here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/sign/in?src=https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem

Forewarning, when I did mine from this charity-giveaway earlier today after inputting my codes I got an "OOPS!" page then almost freaked-out lol but logged-into my account checked the Promotions tab & my items were there awaiting to be claimed.

I was logged in the game when I entered the codes and freaked out when it didn't work. But then I exited the game and restarted ... they were there in my promotions tab. Thank you to the people who posted the link, as my account did not have a gear icon like the instructions said!!! :)
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I'd like to thank Cryptic for helping another charitable cause. I got in early to buy the Tier 2 package and they were already half gone. Good to see other people helping as well.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • thore187thore187 Member Posts: 84 Arc User

Thank You so much!
  • deathwolf696deathwolf696 Member Posts: 13 Arc User

If you can add more PC keys that would be great.
  • dragen#0918 dragen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Why have limited keys? It's charity, let everyone buy one or more.
  • inkaineinkaine Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Why have limited keys? It's charity, let everyone buy one or more.

Well, you are absolutely free to give more since it's charity... they don't limit you to donate only 2 bucks.
    Seems they all out of T2 keys (the ships) to buy/donate for.
  • drkwolfmpdrkwolfmp Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2021

You all should really get on Groupees about restocking the Tier 2 (PC) package. They haven't restocked for hours and it's obviously the only thing that's really selling. By not restocking they are potentially losing thousands of dollars for the charity. Seriously, the total has hardly moved since they ran out. Also, Per Groupees, only 90% will go to charity. Not 100%.

Post edited by drkwolfmp on
  • tim40219tim40219 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I was able to redeem my code and claim from the promotions tab without issues. However, They are not showing able to claim from the shipyard. Am I do something wrong? I am level 65.
    Admiral TJ Gibson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tim40219 wrote: »
    I was able to redeem my code and claim from the promotions tab without issues. However, They are not showing able to claim from the shipyard. Am I do something wrong? I am level 65.

If you're PC, sorry I'm ignorant of console, check under the C-Store Promotions tab. The Tribble & the ships should be there, not actually in-game until you claim it. Hope that helps.
    drkwolfmp wrote: »

You all should really get on Groupees about restocking the Tier 2 (PC) package. They haven't restocked for hours and it's obviously the only thing that's really selling. By not restocking they are potentially losing thousands of dollars for the charity. Seriously, the total has hardly moved since they ran out. Also, Per Groupees, only 90% will go to charity. Not 100%.

At this stage I wonder if Cryptic/Groupees are trying to pace the sales/donations, or just remember that it isn't up to Groupees to supply & resupply that is Cryptic. If the T2 bundle isn't resupplied I'd have to wonder about the intent to raise as much money for this charity as possible. It's all digital content after all. Also you're "Not 100%" isn't accurate, relook at the website that 100% claim is "net" then of course in smaller lower print it states the 90% going to charity.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I just got home from working 2 doubles and this is the first I've even seen of this charity promotion. I'd love to donate, but I won't be if the tier 2 for PC is gonna sell out in the first day.
    I just got home from working 2 doubles and this is the first I've even seen of this charity promotion. I'd love to donate, but I won't be if the tier 2 for PC is gonna sell out in the first day.

Hopefully for you & many others that haven't been able to participate in this will get an opportunity.

It's all digital content so easy to replenish.

If Cryptic's intent is to help as much as possible with this charity why not replenish for more sales?

Perhaps Cryptic &/or Groupees are trying to pace it out since the end-date is Feb. 4th???

Hopefully for you & many others that haven't been able to participate in this will get an opportunity.

It's all digital content so easy to replenish.

If Cryptic's intent is to help as much as possible with this charity why not replenish for more sales?

Perhaps Cryptic &/or Groupees are trying to pace it out since the end-date is Feb. 4th???

Right, because the whole point of a fundraiser is to pace it so you don't sell too much. Wouldn't wanna make TOO much money for your charity. That doesn't make sense at all.

edited January 2021

At this stage I wonder if Cryptic/Groupees are trying to pace the sales/donations, or just remember that it isn't up to Groupees to supply & resupply that is Cryptic. If the T2 bundle isn't resupplied I'd have to wonder about the intent to raise as much money for this charity as possible. It's all digital content after all. Also you're "Not 100%" isn't accurate, relook at the website that 100% claim is "net" then of course in smaller lower print it states the 90% going to charity.

So, you state my 100% statement wasn't accurate, then admit the site says in fine print "approximately 90%" will go to the charity. So where was I inaccurate? If you meant 100% will go to Groupees, then I stand, incredulously, corrected.

So, you state my 100% statement wasn't accurate, then admit the site says in fine print "approximately 90%" will go to the charity. So where was I inaccurate? If you meant 100% will go to Groupees, then I stand, incredulously, corrected.

What to admit for myself? Do you comprehend what you quoted? "then of course in smaller lower print it states the 90% going to charity." I already stated that at the end of my post you quoted. You're "100%" is false since you neglected to include "net" which is on the Groupee website. You conveniently left that out which is pertinent & important context.
  • tim40219tim40219 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    tim40219 wrote: »

If you're PC, sorry I'm ignorant of console, check under the C-Store Promotions tab. The Tribble & the ships should be there, not actually in-game until you claim it. Hope that helps.

I found them there and claimed them but the ship is still showing Zen and modules to purchase. It's showing as "reclaim" or any way to acquire for "free"
    Admiral TJ Gibson
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What to admit for myself? Do you comprehend what you quoted? "then of course in smaller lower print it states the 90% going to charity." I already stated that at the end of my post you quoted. You're "100%" is false since you neglected to include "net" which is on the Groupee website. You conveniently left that out which is pertinent & important context.

Not really. 100% is 100%, 90% is not 100%. 90% is a really great percentage for a charity, some charities are much worse. Also, never claimed Groupees said otherwise, and Cryptic added the same information to their website after the fact, which negated my point.

As of right now there's another bunch of tier-2 keys available at Groupees, 700 left at the time I'm posting this. Good luck.
  • runebear37runebear37 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I bought the Tier 2 for PC while I was logged in. I logged out and back in, but only had a tribble waiting.