test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alliance Temer Raider!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
As part of our 11th Anniversary Event, you can earn the Alliance Temer Raider, the Khitomer Alliance's first Klingon/Romulan ship!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483343

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Saw for my 1st time the Alliance Temer-class Raider in-game.

A very nice looking ship. It still looks lots more KDF than Romulan to me, but seeing it in-game made me more eager to "grind" & earn it.

Well done, Cryptic.
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    Yep great ship, one of the best event ships ever, probably top 2 in my book.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
    Yep great ship, one of the best event ships ever, probably top 2 in my book.

Dang it lol I'll be appreciating it more in a few more days. Out of curiosity but what's your #1 then? I've been thoroughly impressed by both of Cryptic's Alliance ships overall. I'm sure next year's will be some sort of science variant, not my particular favorite flavor, since that type is due & I'm hopeful it will shine too.
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    First ship was Fed/KDF, this one is KDF/Rom, so following this logic the next one should be Rom/Fed. Will be interesting to see the design.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Question @ambassadorkael#6946 : What does the registry prefix CSN mean for this ship?

All I could find that'd be close to what it could come from IRL is Confederate States Navy and somehow, I highly doubt this is that.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Registry prefixes don't mean anything. Not even the original NCC has a meaning ('Naval Construction Contract' is non-canon and RL-based, nothing in-universe. Appearantly it was meant to combine US and Soviet civilian aircraft registries).​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    First ship was Fed/KDF, this one is KDF/Rom, so following this logic the next one should be Rom/Fed. Will be interesting to see the design.

That or it could be one of the three combined with Dominion ship design, which would be interesting too :)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Registry prefixes don't mean anything. Not even the original NCC has a meaning ('Naval Construction Contract' is non-canon and RL-based, nothing in-universe. Appearantly it was meant to combine US and Soviet civilian aircraft registries).​​
    It didn't mean anything (canon-wise) back then as it was inspired by the US Navy registries, but in that case, it's a new one made for STO, so it has to mean something since every time a new one was made for the game it had a meaning.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Registry

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    What does the registry prefix CSN mean for this ship?
    I believe this comes from the Allied Cooperative Starship Design Board, or whatever it's called.
    CSN likely stands for Cooperative Starship Number, but I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
    I'm not even anywhere near sure I'm correct anyway...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    The Temer is an extremely nice ship that I've been contemplating using an upgrade on to "X" it out. Kudos to the developers for the ship.

I think the Krenim science ship is my favorite reward ship and is a mainstay on all of my alts. Surprisingly the Temer would probably be number two.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
    Anyone know of any videos out there, YouTube for example, showcasing all the possible visuals like sets & vanity shields on the Temer? The couple of sources I used to go to don't seem to be doing display videos anymore or at least not on the Temer?